Ellen Barkin

I Was Shoved by an NYPD Officer

for No Reason!

1/1/2012 9:55 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0101_ellen_barkin_reg
Actress Ellen Barkin went on a Twitter rampage early this morning after she claims she was pushed by an NYPD officer just for walking down the street ... and the incident was shot on video.

Barkin -- perhaps best known for her roles in "Sea of Love" and "Switch" -- claimed to have seen people being arrested for no reason, as the cops dealt with Occupy Wall Street protestors in the area.

Barkin then had a run-in with an officer of her own, which she described by saying, "Just threatened on my street by NYPD,cop shoved me,both hands,onto sidewalk..Is it a crime 2 stand in the street in NY?WTF is going on here?"

Barkin was with her rumored boyfriend, director Sam Levinson, who caught the incident on video.

We reached out to the local police precinct, who said they would review the video. So far, no word back.

Realist

"Is it a crime 2 stand in the street in NY?"......it's a crime to be in the street in any state, you moron (unless in clearly marked crossing spots at appropriate times.....see: Jaywalking, impeding traffic, etc..). Think before you speak. That would be like me saying "Cop totally gave me a ticket for not wearing my seatbelt. WTF!". Stupid ass, old woman who no one cares about anymore.

tenley

It was New Year's Eve last night and they've clearly got roped off areas! What a f*cking a**hole she is and so too TMZ for not pointing any of that out!

Kabala

At the very beginning of the video the cop appears to be more forcefully directing her away to the sidewalk but it's hard to tell when the camera pans past the van that blocks the view. I highly doubt she's completely innocent of any wrong doing. When you see her on talk shows she always has a super sassy attitude and sure it was in full force here. Come on.

kendall

What a lying bitch! I guess since she is a washed-up, old, ugly and drunkin hag she has to pick on NYC police officers. She was a ****ty actress too. No looks or personality..Sad!

kendall

Everyone hates you Ellen Barkin...so shut the hell up! Your a nobody and a trouble-maker! Please go away.

Dave

SHOVED??? Give me a break, What a bunch of crybabies!! The cop barely touched her, maybe if she shut her big mouth and kept walking there would not have been this so called shoving!!

Noname

I've seen 2 year olds push harder then that, Quit ur bitchin.

CarolynAB

Dear Ellen,
It happened to me, too. Early '80s, NYC, at the St. Patrick's Day Parade. A young cop verbally asked people to move back, and even as we did, even as we complied without complaint or argument, he used his hands to push the people nearby.
It's simply unprofessional to do this, and I understand your anger. Very little has changed in 30 years.

UPYOURS

Maybe because he dislikes your movies or HORRORS, "didn't know who you ARE"?

Danny

A D level Celeb trying to make the news is all this is.On side not does anyone else think she could play Cameron Diaz great Grandmother in a movie ?

ABluthBanana

She was interfering with police... he should have pepper sprayed her!

Aber

wahhhh wahhhh

NevadaDirtRider

Shove...really? I did not see anything close to a shove, nice acting "Drama Queen"

kendall

If only she acted as good as she lied she might of gotten an academy award! No one cares about you. Its these cops that protect your fat ass from criminals every night you sleep. Please ugly Ellen Barkin and your groovelious boyfriend Sam...go crawl under a rock and die!

LOL

Well I don't have the $$$ or the fame like many do, but I am smart and would not venture out into the streets of NY pretending that this could happen to me. Street smarts beats the over inflated celb or privilege when it comes to the NY years celebration stroll! Get over yourself people and deal with the real facts of life- its a mess out in the real world and we need to change this now. REAL PEOPLE IN- INFLATED CELBS AND PEEPS OUT!