Ellen Barkin

I Was Shoved by an NYPD Officer

for No Reason!

1/1/2012 9:55 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0101_ellen_barkin_reg
Actress Ellen Barkin went on a Twitter rampage early this morning after she claims she was pushed by an NYPD officer just for walking down the street ... and the incident was shot on video.

Barkin -- perhaps best known for her roles in "Sea of Love" and "Switch" -- claimed to have seen people being arrested for no reason, as the cops dealt with Occupy Wall Street protestors in the area.

Barkin then had a run-in with an officer of her own, which she described by saying, "Just threatened on my street by NYPD,cop shoved me,both hands,onto sidewalk..Is it a crime 2 stand in the street in NY?WTF is going on here?"

Barkin was with her rumored boyfriend, director Sam Levinson, who caught the incident on video.

We reached out to the local police precinct, who said they would review the video. So far, no word back.

Chris

That was no shove. She was bitching at him and he gently redirected her back onto the sidewalk. Ellen Barkin is obviously an idiot.

UPYOURS

His other hand must have moved so fast the video didn't capture it.......she's an ass.

Selebraties Suck

Maybe it's your snotty attitude.

diane

I used to like her. Now I don't.

Vernon P. Alarcon

bad direction & bad acting = stupid clip
"I don't care WHO you are ma'am, get off the street and back over to the gutter...NOW"
Harvey is a squinting gay dwarf ... and a lawyer

cari

I live in NY and these NYC cops are a bunch of undereducated, under trained, under payed children. They wouldn't pass a psych test of any other department in the area. LI, etal. They ARE bullies and out of control because NO ONE checks them or calls them on it. They forget they are supposed to PROTECT AND SERVE the citizens of NYC. They only protect and serve each other. We don't have to deal so much with the mob in NYC, only the NYPD now. They have the same mentality.

John Boehner

What a Little Cry Baby she was probably actively involved in occupy Wall Street and she is not telling US That part she is a washed up old Hag

Tigger

It actually looks like he rather gently escorted over to the sidewalk. He definitely didn't shove her. I don't understand what she's upset about.

aquahenderson@gmail.com

They abuse their probable cause, because they can

She's baaaack

Ok, so the cop gave you a little push to get your ass on the curb where it apparently should have been from the get-go. Didn't see the whole thing play out, but I'm guessing it didn't begin with you saying "Good evening officers! Happy New Year to you while you try to keep the peace with about a gazillion people, most of then drunk. Sure I'll do whatever it takes to make your job easier." I'm sure she played the "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?" card. Tough chit old girl, go back to Hollywood.

deanna

I saw no shoving. Sorry.

korey

Once upon a time there was a cop. he was a huge jerk. most of them are. the end.

Go App State!

Seriously - get over yourself. Nice mouth too. How about this? Listen to the cop, get on the sidewalk and move along...what a dope.

lisa

What a pansie. That was nothing. A little shove does not hurt.

Bubs

Relax... Who are you anyway? EEEEgo. They were clearly in the middle of some kind of "incident" and this celeb bozo wants to walk through. get a life.