Katy Perry's Parents

Divorce Was a Gift from God

1/7/2012 7:41 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Pastors Keith and Mary Hudson
God works in mysterious ways -- and in the eyes of Katy Perry's parents, her recent divorce from Russell Brand is one of the ways, because God used to the divorce to fill the rafters of their church.

Pastors Keith and Mary Hudson preached to the congregation at Church On The Rise in Westlake, OH on Wednesday, says The Sun, in an appearance that was advertised by the church.

Perry's mom, Mary, speaking for the first time about the split, told parishioners, "I'm sure Katy is trending on the internet just to get you to church tonight. I mean all over the world, who knows how God is bringing them in? The most important thing is you are here and God wants to put the fire in you in 2012."

At one point, Perry's dad said, "What has taken place in my daughter's life has opened many opportunities to go in and be with guarded and gated people. God has given us a platform to go in and meet people -- and they like us because we are cool. We are not threatening."

According to the paper, a video was shown beforehand that featured the Hudsons at award shows with Katy. The Hudsons are scheduled to appear tomorrow at a church in Georgia and the video below is on the church's site promoting the appearance.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Ace

Where does the Devil fit in?

Sin D

Ya...tha't about right

Kaffee

I have never found religious fanatics very understanding of the world. Wonder if Katie is like her parents.

Derp!

That takes crazy to a whole new level.

Jack

"...because God used to the divorce to fill the rafters of their church."

Weekend crew again, huh Harvey? You cheap bastard, pay some folks with at least a GED already.

awards

Is it true that new couple Russell Brand and Casey Anthony will be there to represent the Devil?

afjioeqjioe

Ok, what ever gets them through the day. People are crazy.

ManiacalZebra

So, they suddenly approve of divorce because it's profitable to them. That's a very religious attitude.

*eye roll*

Angela

Can't believe that Russell would marry into that whacked out of a family. Yuck!!

SheisHot

I bet Katy is a cold fish in bed.

croc

GOD gave me that same gift!

catherinedove

That's a typical Christian conservative perspective. I like Katy, but I bet Russel is RELIEVED to be OUT of that family!

Completely off Topic, but I NEED your HELP! I'm an estranged Twilight fan who as figured out what a WRONG story Twilight Breaking Dawn is for girls - and I'm ANGRY with the book publishing company! Here's a user-friendly blog making my case & links - PLEASE pass this one? Thanks, and SO sorry about all the Twilight fuss, World! http://explaintwilightbreakingdawnending.blogspot.com

KWDragon

These people have no shame. They are garish and opportunistic. Run, Russell, run!

who dat

They sound like kooks. No wonder Katie is such a flake.

mdb123

So apparently they are 'cool' because that can capitalize on the failure of their daughter's marriage to a 'non-believer' (or so they insinuate). Seriously... these are type of people who give the real Christians, the kind, compassionate, accepting, non-judgmental kind.. a bad name. I'd call them 'Opportunists'..this kind of explains why the marriage had no chance from the start! wonder how Katy feels about their enthusiastic celebrating of her failure?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments