« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

'Stone Cold' Steve Austin

Tebow Can HAVE My 3:16 If ...

1/10/2012 12:50 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Stone Cold Steve Austin and Tim Tebow

Before there was Tebow 3:16 in the NFL ... there was Austin 3:16 in the WWE ... and now the wrestling legend says he's willing to surrender his iconic numbers to the NFL star, pending one GIANT condition.

TMZ spoke with "Stone Cold" Steve Austin -- who tells us he watched Tebow's Mile High Miracle this weekend and was blown away when he learned Tim threw for exactly 316 yards in the playoff victory.

FYI -- the numbers have a special meaning with Stone Cold, who created the famous faux bible verse back in the '90s to humiliate his enemies -- "Austin 3:16 says I just whooped your ass!!!"

Now, Austin tells us, "Austin 3:16 still rules" ... but adds, "If Tebow can throw for 316 yards again this weekend then hell, he can have the numbers and I'll have no problem with it."

Austin continues, "A guy named John was using it before me ... so if Tebow can do it again, more power to him!"

"I wish him all the luck in the world," Austin says ... adding, "I'm not a Denver fan but Tim's a great role model for kids."

0109_tebow_tebowing_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Frito

Please. There have been fans holding up John 3:16 signs at football games as far back as I can remember. It's one of the most common and famous signs of all time. Long before Steve Austin adopted it.

Bruce

Steve Austin also stole his wrestling name from the Father of Texas.

val

TIM TEBOW IS THE BEST ROLE MODEL..DOWN WITH THE KK'S WHO HAVE NO CHARITY BUT DEMAND EXPENSIVE GIFTS FOR KIM'S WEDDING .. A JOINT MAMA AND KIM EFFORT OF COURSE .. 3;16 A MERE COINCIDENCE OR MAYBE NOT BUT IT'S TIM TEBOW'S LEGACY NOW LIKE IT OR NOT AND THERE IS A GOD AND HE'S WATCHING .. TIM IS PROOF CHARACTER AND LOVE OF GOD MAKES HIM STRONG AND HE'S SHARING THAT WITH KIDS WHO HAVE DRUGGED OUT DRUNK PARENTS AND DON'T DESERVE THEM. THANK GOD FOR TEBOW... WE LOVE HIM!!

nuffsaid

Austin, and just where did you get 3:16 from?? hmmmm Moron!

LADrive

This is stupid beyond words. You have a hit a new low TMZ. Running a story about a couple of athletes marketing their brand by using the Word of God. You should be ashamed. I don't care about the thumpers and their bible passages. Stupid is stupid. Get a grip TMZ.

jetfanglo

3:16 is not YOURS num(no)nuts.........

Kassie

Love Tim Tebow and for all of the attention he is bringing to the Lord. But Steve, I don't think that is yours to decide to let someone have. Just sayin.

Alex

The Texas Rattlesnake!! STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN!!!!

Alex

WHAT??

Shasmith

Those numbers have been around longer than either Austin or Tebow BUT I don't care if Austin isn't a Denver fan, I'm not an Austin fan.

Combichrist

" YI -- the numbers have a special meaning with Stone Cold, who created the famous faux bible verse back in the '90s...
Austin continues, "A guy named John was using it before me...'"

Alright. Listen up for those whom lack reading comprehension skills....

Steve Austin never claimed ownership of the biblical verse. In fact, as I reposted the quote he made, he gives credit to a "John" . You know John, one of Jesus' disciples? He has an entire "book" in the Bible under New Testaments.
SMH @illiterate imbeciles...

tmzfan

Funny, I thought that verse belonged to the Bible....

Joe

Queue the Steve Austin TV show or book announcement.

when someone has been irrelevant for some time, when they come out and make a stupid comment, its usually because of a book deal or a tv show or something. Get ready for it.

Enough

Sorry, guys. John 3:16 belongs to everybody.

DJo

A couple of other stats from Sunday's game: Tebow averaged 31.6 yards per pass and the final quarter's TV rating was 31.6. Steve Austin needs to get over himself. The owner of those special numbers is God himself. God trumps Austin any time. John 3:16 — For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments