« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

'Haywire' Star Gina Carano

YES, My Voice Was Altered

1/12/2012 7:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0112_haywire_Large-audio-Launch
The Gina Carano vocal mystery is OFFICIALLY OVER -- because the rib-cracking MMA fighter has finally admitted that her voice WAS altered for her role in the movie "Haywire."

Carano appeared on a podcast for the "No Holds Barred" MMA blog yesterday ... when she explained why director Steven Soderbergh felt he needed to do some "altering and mixing" to her voice.

Long story short -- Carano says Soderbergh wanted people to believe that Gina and her character are "two completely different entities" ... and felt the vocal change would help.

Carano added, "I'm just honored to be a part of it ... there was a little joke that I was saying that even if [Soderbergh] would have shaved my head and put Bill Clinton as my voice, I would have still done it."

0112_haywire_Large-Video-Launch

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Kaffee

Now that I know this, its going to be a real distraction watching this movie. Don't know why they hired her--screen presence seems so blah.

Kaffee

What makes her so special that they hired her, didn't like her voice and then changed it. Feel sorry for all those actresses who would have done a better job without technical enhancement. Hollywood is all about who you know and why.

yo

The real Gina is HOT HOT HOT!

She can also kick some real ass!

In real life!

The movie looks pretty good, actually, too, whether or not her voice was altered a bit.

Gina is the real life thing. A real gladiator, and hot as all hell.

yo

They altered it because her real life persona is too "likeable" and nice even though she is a real life mixed martial arts champion. There's plenty of youtubes of Gina Carano in real life, in real fights, interviews, and also on American Gladiator as "Crush" ... she's always full of humor, sexy as hell, and really nice. Even though she can kick serious ass in real life.
Interesting that there is one seriously jeaalous poster on here badmouthing her over and over. Typical Hollywood style bullcrap badmouthing LOL.

TheEric

I heard they did the same thing in Pretty Woman...They changed Julia Roberts voice so people would know she isn't really a hooker...

Real talk...that's the dumbest excuse ever for dubbing someone's voice...if you need your voice altered so people can tell you apart from your character, then you don't need to be an actor...

AntiSocialForum.com

Gina Carano is hot for a MMA fighter but overall she's maybe slightly above average looking.

Strokadellic

It's man-voice no matter how you look at it.

JUstin

Yeeah , even from the short clip , her acting looks really really bad . I Guess we all have to start somewhere ..

JUstin

And Please stop the nonsense , this woman is beautiful ..You must be freaking blind , If you think otherwise , and I'm afraid to see who you think is beautiful..lol

Kat

That's weird, but on the other had, it's Hollywood, They do a lot of altering, I guess thats why its entertainment. I mean, lets face it, she can fight, but the only reason she gained as much publicity as she did was because she was a decent looking women fighter(rare) and her father is famous, other than that, she would have never made it, in either arena, so I guess it all comes down to WHO YOU KNOW.

BO HUNK

They did this because she can't act. Most athletes can't act...so when they're in a movie...the post/editing/sound crew has their work cut out for them. Editors make bad actors look great! I really don't know why they cast her. She's gained about 15 pounds in the past 2 years. She's totally fat now. Bummer.

pete

HUH!??? PRETTY?? I THOUGHT THIS WAS KHLOE KARDASHIAN OR HER TWIN SISTER. LMAOOO

SURFCOWBOY

Funny. She is very cute but such a bit&ch in real life with an ego. Her fighting skills are decent but this whole tv thing got to her head really fast. Kinda ruins it for me when anyone gets an ego. Yeah we like the way you look but not your voice, ahahahah. That should put a damper on the ego

inside scoop

Anyone who saw the rough cut knows she can't act. They had to loop her dialogue.

William

Sure alter my titties to fake proportions, but not my voice..!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2