Golden Globes

Did Ricky Gervais

Just Out Jodie Foster?

1/16/2012 11:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0115_globes_foster
Ricky Gervais basically called Jodie Foster a lesbian at the Golden Globes tonight.

It all went down during the opening monologue, when Gervais said he had been forbidden from discussing anything related to Mel Gibson, including his recent flick, "The Beaver" ... directed by Foster.

Gervais then joked about "Jodie Foster's 'Beaver'" ... saying, "I haven't seen it myself. I've spoken to a lot of guys here, they haven't seen it either. That doesn't mean it's not any good."

Foster -- who was in the crowd -- didn't appear to be too upset by the comment. She's never publicly discussed her sexual orientation.

So we gotta ask ...

Arse

That interpretation went completely over my head... until I Googled your site which came up outing her. I never thought of it before. Nice one TMZ.

Patricia

she's been out for a year, you guys are a little behind the times

hahaha

its her movie dumbases http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beaver_%28film%29

Jake

Gays are more sensitive than black people when it comes to jokes or speaking about them in general.

berry

I think the way Jodie handled it was great. Just play along. It seemed everybody in that room went, so that's how you handle a joke directed at you with class.

Karen

Jodie Foster has been "out" there for years...where have you been TMZ...PLUS she is a good sport giving the thumbs up to Gervaiz who wasn't at the top of his game tonight...funny at times and cringing at others

Stephanie

Jodie Foster came out publicly a few years ago. This is no suprise.

Dan

Does anyone really care?

biff dangley

i never like ricky and now like him even less. he's obnoxious, rude and out of control.

filmwriter

Is this news? Ms. Foster has been out for some time. Not bixsexual either.

Patti

Who cares if she is a lesbian? She is talented and obviously has a great sense of humor... she is beautiful and works hard, she is human and should be appreciated for who she is, not who she has sex with.

Justin Me

Foster's sexuality was about as secret as Harvey's. It doesn't matter who two or more adults opt to bed down with. Judge people on their acts, not their sexuality.

Gerry Ashley

Who gives a damn? Jodie is a great person, a great actress and a great director. Why should I care about her sexual orientation? When the hell are we going to GROW UP in this country and learn to mind our own $^#% business?

rotate

Gervais is a *****! He had a golden opportunity to take a shot at Jessica Biel, who everybody knows is a lesbian and that her engagement to Timberlake is a cover, but he pussed out. Foster is old news.

Gretel

I must have missed something. I thought Jodie Foster has been out for a while.