Kid Rock

Sorry I Was Smoking ...

But I Was Really Drunk!

1/16/2012 10:10 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0116_kidrock_BN_01Kid Rock says he's VERY sorry for lighting up a fat stogie at a non-smoking venue during a Travis Tritt show in Detroit on Friday ... saying he was way too hammered to know better.

Rock was in the audience at the Andiamo Celebrity Showroom in Warren, MI -- when he fired up a cigar about 15 minutes into the show.

It's not only against the law to smoke at bars in MI -- but it REALLY pissed off a 58-year-old asthmatic man who was in the audience. The man says he plans to file a report with the health dept.

Rock says he feels really bad about the situation ... saying, "My most sincere apologies to the patrons I may have offended, and a big middle finger in advance to all the haters and attorneys who will somehow try to find an easy paycheck in all this."

Rock says he had been drinking pretty heavily at the time -- and explains, "I doubt I'm the first one to ever make a bad decision while being intoxicated."

And he won't be the last.

leeway63

Kid Rock does more for this country and particularly the people in it in a week than most people will in their entire lives, including tobacco nazis like the ones who have posted here.

So, your opinions are meaningless, and I wouldn't piss up your ass if your guts were on fire.

Ginger

Kid Rock couldn't sell out a free concert in a prison.

Kathy

It would be the venue that is sued, not the individual.
There are no-smoking by-laws in public spaces for a very big reason. You have the right to kill yourself in the privacy of your very own home, Kid Rock, so go right ahead.

whateverhomewrecker

He wouldn't be the first to light up in a concert or the last. It's only a story because of who he is, if he was a regular person they would've had him put it out or escort him from the premises. I'm not buying the "I was to drunk to know story" he knew and figured no one would say anything because he's Kid Rock. I don't have asthma but sounds like the 58 year asthmatic man is makeing a mountain out of a mole hill. Alot of concerts have smoke in them as part of their performances and special effects.

Nonna

No excuse you drunken J E R K. Why don't you write a check and buy some manners and check into a rehab clinic. Do the right thing and make amends to the public. Community service would be a start.

disinter

LOL. If I was there and asthmatic, I would wish kid rock would blow smoke in my face so that I would drop dead on the spot and no longer be at a hick concert standing next to white trash who thinks he's black trash pretending to be white trash.

Sarah Burnheart

So Fricken Ridiculous!!! Tell the 58 you asthmatic to stream Kid's Chit @home! Gosh Darn it! @3gypsy Check out some REAL CHIT @ 3gypsy.wordpress.com Than shout me OUT!!!

Billy Bob

He is the epitome of arrogant rich trash. He doesn't give a damn about anyone but his own self. Treat him for what he is, a paid whore. Entertain us Kid, and then STFU.

CATWOMAN

OMG!!!! BILL ****ON DID MUCH MORE WITH A CIGAR,GIVE THE GUY A BREAK!

CATWOMAN

I JUST WANTED TO ADD A FEW THINGS : FIRST YES HE WAS WRONG FOR SMOKING IN PUBLIC AND DRINKNG IS NOT AN EXCUSE.
HOWEVER, I AM TRIED OF ALL THE KID ROCK HATING . THIS MAN IS MORE THAN A PARTYING, GUY WHO DRINKS TOO MUCH. HE GIVES HIS TIME AND MONEY TO CHARTIES ALL OVER THE US. HIS CARE TOUR RISED THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS FOR CHARTIES. CHECK THE RECORD. SECOND , THIS IS NOT ABOUT BEING REPUBLICAN OR DEMOCRAT CARL.
REMEMBER,BILL CLINTON'S CIGAR IN THE OVAL OFFICE ?
AND YES ,I AM A PROUD KID ROCK FAN ALSO HIS SON AND FAMILY ARE OR SHOULD BE PROUD OF HIM TOO.
JUST A NOTE TO TINA , I SLEEP WITH HIM IN NY MINUTE, WHO SLEEPS WITH YOU BESIDES YOUR DOG?

Jean

You may have worked very hard to get to this point in your career, however: YOU do not have the right to break rules or laws. If you can not hold your liquor, then do not drink. Besides your bad/self-centered attitude, that is a very poor excuse. I also feel the management of the place should be fired for not making you behave yourself.

Jen

The idiot with asthma needs to lighten up. File a complaint? Get over yourself, jag off. If you are that fragile that you could die from inhaling smoke, stay home.

Stacey Myles

GET OVER YOURSELF PEOPLE!!!!! You should be realizing how lucky and blessed that you were in the presence of such a god!!!!! We love Bobby and Back up everything that he does. He is "THE AMERICAN BADASS" now get with the program folks!!!

catwoman

First of all, to Carl it is not aboutRepublican or Democrat . Bill Cinto did something far worse th a cigar.
Second , to all the people out there judging Kid/Bobby Ritchie ,unike other so-called celebrities he denotes his time,talent and money to help people not just in MI but all over. Just check out the money he made from his CARE tour.
Finally,he made a bad choice at least he admitted it,unlike thers who hid behind their fame, all of his fans respect him.
He made a mistake nobody is perfect and yes, his son and family as well as fans are all proud of him.

Catwoman
Ps Miss Geta - I would sleep with him in a minute, who do you sleep with besides your dog ?

Peggy

All of you need to grow up & quit the name calling. How immature is that?? OMG, all the man did was light a damn cigar. It isn't like he was smoking a joint or commited a murder. If people were not so damn uptight about everything, this world would be a much better place to live.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments