Mark Wahlberg

I Would Have Fought

9/11 Hijackers & Landed Plane

1/18/2012 9:05 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0118_mark_wahlberg_BN_01
Mark Wahlberg claims he could have done what hundreds of other doomed passengers couldn't ... fought off the multiple 9/11 terrorists and saved one of the hijacked planes.

Wahlberg just gave an interview with Men's Journal ... in which he states, "If I was on that plane with my kids, it wouldn't have went down like it did. There would have been a lot of blood in that first-class cabin and then me saying, 'OK, we're going to land somewhere safely, don't worry.'"

So the question ... is Wahlberg's braggadocio insulting to the dead passengers and their families?

update_bar
1:15 PM PT: Didn't take long ... Mark just apologized for his comments.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

BlackoutB

When you don't mention the fact that he was actually supposed to be on one of those planes then yeah, it does seem disrespectful. Way to leave out critical information.

ShaylaShane

Because, of course, no one else on the plane had families or children of wanted to live. And Mark Wahlberg has super-human strength, is stab-proof, and knows how to fly jetliners.

stella

you guys sure love to stir up trouble over nothing.

harvey - use your resources to expose real problems and real bad guys

karlew

This idiot has watched too many of his own movies.

Bryan

Dude would have. Say 'Hi' to your mom for me. :D

wisey

Doubtful. Tough guy is probably having his assistant schedule his manicure right now.

Carl

Wasn't he actually scheduled to be on one of those flights? I know Seth MacFarlane and one other famous person had tickets that day, but each missed the flight.

george

no delusonial, but a great american.

Justin

He might have been able to do that with the Funky Bunch backing him up but now he's just plain old Marky Mark.

Amanda

You might want to add on there, that he was suppose to be on that flight. If you are going to make a story out of things, get the right facts.

2idiots

Wahlberg you're an idiot. I guess you forgot about the guys on the plane that crashed in PA who DID TRY....that was what 5 or 6 guys who tempted to save lives and that plane still went down.

AlwaysOnTimeB

911 wasn't some movie script. It was real life, and those people on that flight did ALL that they could. No one on that plane just sat back and "let" the plane crash. They all wanted to go home to their loved ones. Mark, I'm sorry, but you're no super hero!

Tilly

...and if Bruce Willis were on the plane with you, it would have been truly an amazing save. Sheesh!

Truth

Let'see him land anything - if it even gets that far, lol. First off he doesnt even have a pilot license. What a douche... talk the talk. There's no doubt if he tried anything on the flight the terrorists would have put a few holes in his chest. This aint one of his lame arse movies with a happy ending. #Truth!!

Rolm

I have no idea who this clown is but I do know I am looking at a moron

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments