Mark Wahlberg

I Would Have Fought

9/11 Hijackers & Landed Plane

1/18/2012 9:05 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0118_mark_wahlberg_BN_01
Mark Wahlberg claims he could have done what hundreds of other doomed passengers couldn't ... fought off the multiple 9/11 terrorists and saved one of the hijacked planes.

Wahlberg just gave an interview with Men's Journal ... in which he states, "If I was on that plane with my kids, it wouldn't have went down like it did. There would have been a lot of blood in that first-class cabin and then me saying, 'OK, we're going to land somewhere safely, don't worry.'"

So the question ... is Wahlberg's braggadocio insulting to the dead passengers and their families?

update_bar
1:15 PM PT: Didn't take long ... Mark just apologized for his comments.

Previous 15 Comments | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16

Clay

Dumb Dumb Dumb

Sammy

Just one of the many reasons I refuse to watch anything this douche bag is in.

Is this tool a Navy Seal, a Green Beret or even a trained martial artist? I guess this moron didn't get the memo that just because he does STUNTS in a make believe movie it does not mean that he really a trained assassin! Does he even do his won stunts? A stuntman does them.

These people live in a fantasy world. Not even that epic moron Steven Seagal has piped up to spew verbal diarrhea like this idiot is doing.

This man makes me want to throw up in my mouth.

tazer

Why does everyone assume he couldnt do what he says? He's a pretty badass dude and I can see him taking on multiple terrorists, not only was it not disrespectful at all I totally believe he would have been able to do exactly what he says.

Russ

911 would have never happened if people in the gov. and the
aviation industry would have done their jobs. There were
ignored warnings all the way back to the clinton administration. Foreign intelligence agencies were never
questioned about warnings sent to the U.S. Cover-up by our
media, War is just to tempting to pass-up for the BUSHIES !!!

EFPaisley

I read Mark's comment and understood the first part to say "nothing would keep me from trying to protect my kids" But then he went on to say "Everything is okay and we will be landing shortly thanks to me." What a dumb ass. uAnybody who thinks they would have done something either has a short memory or is a moron. Pre 9/11 safety instruction and anybody with common sense knew the experts were flying the plane and giving safety instructions (i.e. stewardesses back then) I case of a hijacking we were told to cooperate. I flew over a million miles in 90's at least two flights a week and 50 weeks a year for 7 years all North American miles. I also had military training and have seen my share of cataclysm but I believe that if anyone had gotten up to endanger the perceived safe landing. You are so vulnerable in the air. So if Marky Mark had gotten up and tried to do something I believe I would have attacked him. That is the way things were back then.

Try to imagine what would have happened if somebody got up and fought on one of the flights that hit the twin towers resulting in thousands killed and the other veered off. Who would have been blamed? And where we be if the Air Force had shot down the planes and all those on board were killed? No one can say what they would have done but we all believe we "would have done the right thing." This is all tempered with out own personal memories, egos and the passage of time...

malvin

There were lots of men in that airplane...I wonder why it went down the way it did.

Previous 15 Comments | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16