Mark Wahlberg

I Would Have Fought

9/11 Hijackers & Landed Plane

1/18/2012 9:05 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0118_mark_wahlberg_BN_01
Mark Wahlberg claims he could have done what hundreds of other doomed passengers couldn't ... fought off the multiple 9/11 terrorists and saved one of the hijacked planes.

Wahlberg just gave an interview with Men's Journal ... in which he states, "If I was on that plane with my kids, it wouldn't have went down like it did. There would have been a lot of blood in that first-class cabin and then me saying, 'OK, we're going to land somewhere safely, don't worry.'"

So the question ... is Wahlberg's braggadocio insulting to the dead passengers and their families?

update_bar
1:15 PM PT: Didn't take long ... Mark just apologized for his comments.

Bubbles The Chimp

Since this guy is definitely living in a Hollywood movie, I would have just let the 'Snakes On A Plane' bite the terrorists.

steve

One problem he's not remembering properly ...... To that time NO hijacked passenger aircraft had been used as flying bombs to crash into buildings.

Studley Buck

Doofy, squatty little dwarf Mark Wahlberg is useless as an actor & pathetic as a human being.

Jodi

Mark needs to STHU. He would not have fared any better than the other passengers on Flight 93 who showed amazing bravery dealing with the madmen aboard that flight. What makes him think he could have accomplished what a plane full of others could not? Mark needs a reality check.

rosebud

shut up you ******** ,you dont know what you would have done with a box cutter up against your throat.the people in that plane were all heros ,they stopped those terrorists from turning that plane around and hitting the white house and killing more americans,and your saying you could have kicked ass all by yourself,Boy you hollywood people are something else, you think your better then everyone else and your not.

Ozzie X

Ok there tough guy.

thee truth

He's right...some of the men should of at least tried, they knew they were dead ducks anyways. Mark should keep his thought private. Commenting on the innocent dead people now isn't very classy. What he said aint gonna win him any brownie points with the public...the same public that help support his very successful career. I hope his handlers are explaining that to him as I write this.

Jobotron

Let's not read too closely into his statement. I'm sure he simply meant he would have not gone down without a hell of a fight. His wording was a touch strong, but I am sure we are all guilty of embellishing from time to time. He just happened to have a reporter to catch him in the act.

JiLL1

Another celeb with diarrhea of the mouth. I don't think he meant another by it other than that he doesnt think before he speaks

janet

No way that was said.

ConMan

They were telling the passengers that their demands had been met and they were going to land safely unless people got out of control and tried anything. They lied and tricked them.

Ollie_vee

They'd have cut off your "Diggler" and stuffed it down your throat, Dirk. What a f***ing tool.

BeHonest

He sounds like a ignorant self-centered egoistic doofus who's lack of respect moron.

ummm?!

Mark Wahlberg said that? To think, I always thought he was a decent guy with a brain. I'm disappointed.

Bill

One guy on flight 93 was a Rugby player and another was a NCAA Judo Champion. I don't think Marky Mark's cinder block workouts would have prepared him to handle things in a more capable manner. Has he stopped feelin the vibration?