Mark Wahlberg

Sorry for Dissing 9/11 Heroes

1/18/2012 12:22 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0118_walberg_tmz_ex_5
Mark Wahlberg
is apologizing for saying he could have rewritten 9/11 history, fighting off the terrorists on one of the flights ... and safely landing the plane -- telling TMZ, "To suggest I would have done anything differently than the passengers on that plane was irresponsible."

Mark originally made the comments in an interview with Men's Journal, claiming, "If I was on that plane with my kids, it wouldn't have went down like it did. There would have been a lot of blood in that first-class cabin and then me saying, 'OK, we're going to land somewhere safely, don't worry.'"

But Mark admits he crossed the line -- telling us, "To speculate about such a situation is ridiculous to begin with."

Mark adds, "I deeply apologize to the families of the victims that my answer came off as insensitive, it was certainly not my intention."

deb

I like you Mark I am from Dracut where John O lived and farmed. If I were on that plane I would hope that things would have ended differently but I believe all of those people were and are heroes and did they all they could. I am sure they loved their family and country as much as both you and I do. Sometimes we really need to think about what we want to say before we say. In this instance I feel as though you should have thought about your answer before you spoke.

jack off

Had anyone else said this , which there are millions , this would not be news. It's only an article because he'a a celebrity. Leave him alone and report real news. I don't say anything about anything , otherwise , I would be in these articles everyday.

John Nygro

Shut up Mark. Go back to your ridiculous religion.

Wolfgang

What a complete *******!
Life isn't a movie douchebag.
Keep to reading scripts because when you speak in your own words, you sound like an idiot.

pilgrim

To be fair, Marky Mark DID blind a middle aged Vietnamese man when he was only 16, so maybe he really would have...

arale norimaki

According to the intelligence authorities in the United States and the Philippines, the September 11 attacks originated with Operation Bojinka (a plan that was not executed), which was conceived by Khalid Sheikh Mohammed (K.S.M) and his nephew, Ramzi Yousef. The first stage would be the assassination of Pope John Paul II, and the bombing of twelve airliners. The second and third stages called for small airplanes loaded with explosives to be crashed into the CIA headquarters. The plot was discovered by Manila police on January 6, 1995 and Abdul Hakim Murad was arrested. Ramzi Yousef was arrested in Pakistan in February 1995. Wali Khan Amin Shah escaped after his arrest, but was re-arrested in Malaysia in December 1995. Khalid Sheik Mohammed escaped, and Riduan Isamuddin, also known as Hambali, was overlooked.

On 21st February 2001 (7 MONTHS BEFORE 9/11) The Taliban offered to hand over Osama Bin Laden in return for lifting the sanctions that were placed on the country. They also desperately tried to hand Bin Laden over to the USA after a week of heavy bombing when the war started in Afghanistan as so many civilians were being killed.

Billy_Nolan

What an ignorant pompous ass. Biggest ego in Hollywood with the least talent.

In the Know...

Can anyone explain why TMZ isn't covering the fake Dubai scene in the Kardashians? I believe this is a huge story and may likely lead to an investigation or FCC regulatory changes.

Kari

It's good he apologized, but sadly, I think he had to, so he did.

Sandra

Dumb, stupid, and oh so ignorant comment!! He had no choice but to apologize especially when he is promoting his new movie!! It does not pay to piss off movie goers!!

Fan

Mark: Now try to uncrash your career, dumb*ss.

billybob

"...it was certainly not my intention" But i would have fought these Arab ******* with their spoons and plastic knifes. I once was an astronaut and i defeated a horde of speaking space gorillas with nothing much more than my bare hands.

paul a.

What other intentions could he have had?

Dom The Mover

What a self righteous douche Bag!

BUZZ BAIT!

I would of sent them to there 72 virgin sheep! Scared of a spoon? YOU PUSS!