Mark Wahlberg

Sorry for Dissing 9/11 Heroes

1/18/2012 12:22 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0118_walberg_tmz_ex_5
Mark Wahlberg
is apologizing for saying he could have rewritten 9/11 history, fighting off the terrorists on one of the flights ... and safely landing the plane -- telling TMZ, "To suggest I would have done anything differently than the passengers on that plane was irresponsible."

Mark originally made the comments in an interview with Men's Journal, claiming, "If I was on that plane with my kids, it wouldn't have went down like it did. There would have been a lot of blood in that first-class cabin and then me saying, 'OK, we're going to land somewhere safely, don't worry.'"

But Mark admits he crossed the line -- telling us, "To speculate about such a situation is ridiculous to begin with."

Mark adds, "I deeply apologize to the families of the victims that my answer came off as insensitive, it was certainly not my intention."

PokerStar

I enjoy watching some of Wahlberg's movies, he is an ok actor at times. For him to even think he could have been a hero and done something on that plane makes me want to puke. 9/11 was NOT a movie Mark. They didn't have the option to stop filming and be replaced by stunt men. THEY handled business. Keep your South Bosty trap shut you punk.
Gary Sinise got a reality check from me one time and you will too if you keep making asinine comments about the 9/11 tragedy and victims.

Pat

This guy is a typical Hollywood douche bag, some one needs to tell him that this is real life and not a movie. These super stars have all of these patriotic thoughts, but barely any of them act on them, i.e. joining the military. Jewish Americans are the worst, only 2 tenths of their population joins the military. Thats why I can't stand seeing them act as soldiers in the movies.

John dowser

once a pothead always a pothead Spicoli...

mousetrap

You are forgiven. We all say crazy stuff sometimes. I don't think it is a big deal anyway. Anyone with half a brain would have known you weren't totally serious.

Bellaca

It's clear Mark did not mean any disrespect, nor did he mean to imply the deceased on the flights did not try anything.

PS. For the ppl claiming he needs to get his ass kicked and he's just an actor. You should know. Mark went to prison for attempted murder as a teen and has a violent history. His "tough guy" attitude is not an act. He was raised on the streets of Boston.

EFPaisley

I think he thought he would have done things differently. Unfortunately hind-sight would usually lead to different actions. Very few people would have ever believed that such a thing could happen or that anyone would do what the the terrorists did prior to 9/11. I was stationed in the middle East in 1976 when newly elected President Carter and his Military Advisors decided that these were logical and rational people and that diplomacy was the best route to take. We were ordered to cease and desist all activities in the region. If someone had gotten up to stop one of the planes in NYC they would have probably been tackled by the other passengers who would never believe what was going to happen until it was too late. Today all of us would behave differently on a flight we felt was in danger.....

Nancy

"It was certainly not my intention." What was your intention, big shot? You get to strut like a pea **** and think you could have changed things? You hurt lots of people and you think some PR agency written thing can get you off? Well.... think again. I don't have clout or major marketing power, but you just lost my respect and any chance that me or my family will EVER pay for anything you are involved in ever again.

Vin Man

Apparently he is still Marky Mark !

Stockton

Marky Mark is a piece of ****-always has been since dropping his pants in Calvin Klein adds. He refuses to talk about the days when he was a spoiled, self-entitled, confused, insecure white infant exploiting African American urban culture. He did time in jail for hitting an elderly Asian man in the face with a stick and then called him a "gook." He has the bravado of a pimply-faced middle school bully who gets cut the first day he tries out for wrestling at school (cause he's really a ***** at heart). He's a racist who beat up an old man - that's not street cred, Marky Mark. He still is toddler who wishes he is, and was, something he will never be.

Michael Valenti

Mr.Wahlberg,

Your comments regarding what you would have done if you were on the referenced flight on 911, were offensive to both the families of the departed victims on that flight and to all of the families and victims that were casualties of the 911 attacks. Your entitled to your opinion and your apology shows some well thought out damage control. Stick to what you know best and leave the post critique to the professionals, who spend sleepless nights and many years keeping this country safe, so we can all voice our opinion as is our right. I served with men and women who perished on that day, when they ran into the towers without regard for their own lives, to save others. Your irresponsible comments are offensive and show a deep disregard for the victims of 911 and my fallen brothers, heros all !

Michael P.Valenti
Retired Chief, Counter Terrorism
Port Authority Police Department NY&NJ

sherri

Leave him alone, everyone alive would like to imagine themselves as the hero that saved the day, he is no different from the rest of us.

TMP

I dont understand why he has to apologize for saying that he do what he had to do to protect people. Maybe he sounded a little "big movie scene", but he's an actor. Why does everyone always assume that every time someone says anything, it's meant to insult someone else.

sherdaisy

Leave him be, we all would have loved to be the hero, I would like to think I could have done something too, and might even say it. However, when a family cat went crazy in my house, I was the first one out the door yelling behind me, "hurry kids!!!" and all along I thought I would take on a bear for them, we just don't know what we will do in any situation.

Dom The Mover

Why, Mark, Why, not insulted, but your lack of intelligence just amazes me.

Yeti

Another Hollywood dip**** spouts off about something he knows little about and without engaging his brain first, then has to apologize and retract what he said. Nothing to see here.