Don Cornelius

No Suicide Note

2/1/2012 11:27 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0201_ambulance_ex_SplashNewsOnlineDon Cornelius did not leave a suicide note at the home where he shot himself ... this according to multiple law enforcement sources.

We have been told by numerous people today that Don's health problems plagued him for years ... and the pain had become unbearable.

As we first reported, Don was discovered early this morning at his Sherman Oaks, CA home with a gunshot wound to his head.

The picture shows the ambulance that took Don to a nearby hospital, where he was pronounced dead early this morning.

0201_don_cornelius_footer_v2

Cheryl A.

I am happy that this man who gave us such great performers is no longer in pain but I hurt terribly knowing how he accomplished it.
Rest in Peace, Mr. Don. You deserve to.

Sin D

R.I.P. Sir...I always liked the show.

northern gypsy

question...how did the son know to go over to his fathers house @ 4am in the morning??? please don't tell me he called his son frist...then did the deed...

iCu

maybe he finished all un-finished business ... said all he had to say to his family & loved ones... maybe he didn't feel the need to leave a note. RIP.

YouDontSay

RIP (from a white person by the way..#3 remark)

ThaQueen621

Loved Soul Train...We wish you love, peace and sooooooullll! RIP DC

cjs

He made his own decision, sure some people don't like that but if he was ill and in pain he made the decision on how his life would end.

I'm sorry for his family.

I'm not going to judge him because someday I may be put in that position.. you never know.

luledz

Rest in Peace Don Cornelius!!! Thank you for The Soul Train!!!! You gave us something good for my generation to remember and you lived in one of the best eras! The soul train Era!!! ....Things today suck this world is full of Hate and the Music ain'ty got no rythem or Soul! This is a Hateration generation You lived in a time when the worl was a better place! Glad ur pain is gone! Rest in Peace Brother!

nita

Nope,dont believe its sucide

Zoe

It's unfortunate that people who suffer from chronic pain and lifelong ailments don't have the option of legally assisted suicide in the US and have to resort to such violent ends to take their own life. I fail to see how this is anyone else's choice to make, much like I do about who you choose to marry or what you do in your spare time. I can't imagine how much pain a person has to be in to do this. RIP.

myopinion

R.I.P. Mr. Don Cornelius.

Seldombinlaid

RIP Don, And Thak You for your wonderful entertainment over the years. My how time Flies. God Bless your family, and friends during this most difficult time.

PokerStar

Hoe does TMZ get a pic of the ambulance at the scene? Do they have someone on staff with the FD or something? Otherwise, I'm not buying it. The ambulance is on scene in minutes, not hours?
May DC RIP. That Cat wore some of THE funkiest clothes EVER on tv. SoOOOOooOOOOOoOOOOOul Train !!!!!!

AllMySophmoresSayYEAH!!

why did he have to commit suicide on the first day of black history month SMH he will be truly missed:'(

Rhonda

Sorry for the death of this legend, but I personally see suicide as a very selfish and unforgivable act, no matter what the cir***stances are.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments