Samuel L. Jackson

I Voted for Obama

BECAUSE HE'S BLACK

2/11/2012 6:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Barack Obamas politics meant nothing to Samuel L. Jackson
Barack Obama's politics meant nothing to Samuel L. Jackson because the "Pulp Fiction" star only voted for the president for one reason and one reason only ... because he's black.

In an interview with Ebony magazine, Jackson explained, "I voted for Barack because he was black. 'Cuz that's why other folks vote for other people — because they look like them ... That's American politics, pure and simple. [Obama's] message didn't mean [bleep] to me."

Jackson then went on to drop the N-word several times when discussing Obama, telling the mag, "When it comes down to it, they wouldn't have elected a [bleep]. Because, what's a [bleep]? A [bleep] is scary. Obama ain't scary at all. [Bleeps] don't have beers at the White House. [Bleeps] don't let some white dude, while you in the middle of a speech, call [him] a liar. A [bleep] would have stopped the meeting right there and said, ‘Who the [bleep] said that?' I hope Obama gets scary in the next four years, 'cuz he ain't gotta worry about getting re-elected."

Smacks of ... Obama needs to Black it up.

1981.

Ezekiel

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy My brothers. And you will know My name is the Lord when I lay My vengeance upon thee.

Ezekiel, Chapter 25 Verses 16-25 Read by Samuel L. in "Pulp Fiction"

1982.

ericinwisconsin

I see Mr. Jackson's command of the English language is as impressive as ever.

1983.

james

Samuel L Jackson should have his voter registration card removed. That's just ignorant and stupid politics.

1984.

Bob

No Jackson, I think you voted for him because he's a liberal. You want proof? You'd never vote for Herman Cain.

1985.

Chicago

I've never used the n word. This guy makes me want to.

1986.

disgruntled

Racist.

1987.

minfxbg

I know a lot white people that voted for Obama because he is black because they wanted to say "look at me! I am not prejudiced because I voted for a black man!" And other white people who sought absolution from the nation having had slavery. Other black people (recall the DNC nomination conference) voted for Obama and we're singing "...he's gonna pay my mortgage, he's gonna put gas in my car...he's gonna pay my mortgage, he's gonna put gas in my car."
Yup all great reasons to vote for Obama...tell me, just how much of the $5Trillion dollars in debt that Obama has rung up personally helped a person keep their house, or put gas in their car? Hmmm...find someone. anyone.

1988.

the gray lensman

I've always voted based upon what the candidate's character, values, beliefs, and record show him to be. Skin color has never mattered to me. Mr. Jackson doesn't exhibit any of the merits that characterized MLK. In fact, he sounds like he advocates violence. Not my cup of tea, sir.

1989.

AbuTalib

Well it took a lot of us "Whiteys" contributing and voting for Obama, but I guess according to Jackson we just gave and voted for the white side of him.

1990.

Historyshowsus

This is news, how?

1991.

Tomwashere

Okay, so you don't have to be white to be an ignorant racist a-hole. This shouldn't really be a surprise to anybody. The only surprise is that Samuel Jackson is honest enough (or dumb enough) to admit it.

1992.

un10able

So Samuel L. Jackson voted for Obama because he's black... What an Idiot! Everyone knows that you're supposed to vote for someone based on their shoe size.

1993.

Roper

And all this time we thought only white people could be racists! I guess Mr. Jackson proves that premise wrong.

1994.

California Conservative

Additional evidence that when an actor doesn't have a prepared line written out for him, he sounds like an absolute racist idiot. That goes for President Zero as well.

1995.

Bob

another enlightened "artist"...

Previous 15 Comments | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments