Whitney Houston

Found Dead in the Bathtub

2/11/2012 9:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0211_whitney_hosuton_ex_1
Beverly Hilton hotel employees tell TMZ ... Whitney Houston was found dead in the bathtub of her room.

As we previously reported, a member of Whitney's entourage discovered her unresponsive and called hotel security, who then called 911.

We're told police arrived to the scene within minutes and fire was already there on an unrelated call. Paramedics performed CPR, but it did not work and she was pronounced dead at 3:55 PM.

Our sources say there were no obvious signs of foul play, but BH PD detectives have begun a full investigation.

As of this post, cops are still waiting on a warrant to search the room.

annie2

CNN is reporting her brother found her. I'm not trying to be naive but I am hoping in vain that they don't find anything in her system (though, yes, the photos from the other night don't bode well). I am still hoping to hear she had a heart attack or cerebral hemorrhage or something.

A radio station just played "One Momt in Time" that she had done for the Barcelona Games. "I want one moment in time, where I'm more than I thought I could be..." So many good lines in that song; it was moving then, but even more now putting the words to her life. She had many moments in time that for us will live on and on and far outweigh the shakier years. She was phenomenal and I hope she knew it...RIP, Ms Houston.

edy

This is so sad..I grew up watching her..Is it true that it was suicide.(wrist) I am hating this..I can remember standing in the mirror trying to sing like her she was beautiful all the way around.

bob hart

A great talent and a lady who brought much love to millions of people. She will be missed.

bob hart rghart@gmail. Please let me know what you think.

Angelique

Whitney Had Just Seen a Throat Doctor last week & She Also Told Melanie Amaro To Carry The Torch for Her just recently(see "itsMelanieAmaro" Twitter page.Also see where she called her Mom & Aunt just prior to her Time Of Passing at 3:55 pst. I Fear Whitney may have received bad news from The Doctor. My Heart goes out to her daughter & Family 3

Regina Cobbs-Mckinney

If WHITNEY HOUSTON was at a Club did she Have a drink and some could Have put a (mickey) in Her Drink and Poison Her or drug her that race her heart and than she died this Happen to some I knew

Criss

Even though she was pretty messed up the last several years, this still surprised the hell out of me!

Penelope

Loved Whitney's voice. Just another tragedy. What is with Beverly Hills Hilton and Beverly Hills in general that so many pre-mature deaths of celebrities there? Clearly not a place to visit if you are a celeb battling addictions and trying to heal yourself. TMZ is reporting that she "partied hard" at the hotel bar the night before. Really? Was she drinking? Was she mixing the drinks with a doctor prescribed prescription? She very well could have had a hidden blocked artery of some sort and "just like that" it caused her to die.

LadyD

To the Houston family my deepest heartfelt prayers for one of the greatest outstanding female vocalist that is loved all over the world. A Powerful True Diva in every sense. Whitney was able to command an audience to stand without directing them to by just singing her song her way. She will be missed.

Yirmin

She had it all and tossed it all by becoming an addict. Can't feel sorry for someone that stupid, good riddance.

GoldenChild

Dear God, please let this be an eye-opener for her daughter. Lord, lift her up and bring her out of the darkness and destruction that the path of drugs lead to. Let her mother's life and death be the light that shines on the road to a better life. Amen.
Prayerfully, Ms. Houston's life choices will help others not make the same mistakes. No matter what the autopsy will show, she will always be remembered for being a whacked-out druggie that had so much talent, and threw it all away.. It's a shame that she was reduced to this. May her soul find peace.

Mike

She was found in the bathtub of a $2,000 a night suite on the 4th floor of the hotel, atleast she went in style.

SoThere

Could never get the monkey off her back.

Melda

Our Prayers go out to Whitney's family and those who loved her. Whitney R.I.P my sista.
Love you girl

momandpopshop

So I guess she died clean after all, huh?

John Galt

Ugh! Does this mean that we are going to have to endure another barrage of Jermain Jackson interviews?(Whitney's new former best friend.)