Dionne Warwick & Cissy Houston

Whitney Seemed Fine

Just Before Death

2/11/2012 6:41 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0211_dionne_warwick_whitney_houston_ex
Dionne Warwick
 and Cissy Houston spoke with Whitney Houston by phone just before she died and say Whitney seemed fine ... TMZ has learned.

Whitney's mother, Cissy Houston, spoke with her daughter 25-30 minutes before she died and nothing seemed unusual ... sources tell TMZ. We're told they talked about attending the Clive Davis pre-Grammy party.

Dionne Warwick, Whitney's cousin, called as well ... several hours before Whitney died ... to make sure they were sitting at the same table at Clive's party. And again ... there were no signs of trouble.

The people in touch with Dionne say she is inconsolable adding, "She is an absolute mess."

As for Cissy, we're told she is "hysterical."

tellthetruth

It's so sad when someone dies how e1 talks about what an Angel they were and blah blah blah! I do feel so bad for her fam, and bad what SHE did to them! She was rude, arrogant, selfish and hateful to her fans and others at times! When she started out she was still pure and sweet but got that big head and forgot the fans that put her where she was! Even if it weren't drugs that initially killed her, it could of been the long term effect! And YES Dionne W WAS her cousin not Aunt!

Denise

I am truly sad to hear of Whitney's death. She is singing with Kelly Price about how Jesus loves her because the "Bible" tells me so. Everyone listen to the words they are so deep. She went to heaven because she had a personal relationship with "God" her savior. This message in the song was her last performance. She had a "vision".

peg

Whitney had so much more talent than the auntie Dionne W. for warlock! Snap on you D for putting her through a life of hell and you saw it happen! I come from Boston MA 02119- never mess with bad dudes!

That poor child needed help and no one gave a damn!

Little lady Bobbie be strong- get help- save your life darling! love xo's forever xoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxooxooxxooxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxxooxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxooxoxoxxoxo

Stephanie

I am saddened by Whitney's dead, but we should not judge or blame anyone. We do not know what has transpired in her life. All we know is what "they" say. Whitney said on the 2002 interview with Diane Sawyer, that no one made her do anything that she did not want to do. I do believe that she and Mr. Brown were not good for each other, however, I believe they shared a love for one another, although, it was not healthy. I am keeping the entire family in prayer, including Bobby Brown. He spent many years with Whitney and is probably hurting too. I pray for Cissy Houston and Whitney's daughter. And as for the ignorant person that said Dionne Warwick should have known since she claimed to be a psychic, well, I can only say that you have reached a level of insensitivity that is unheard of!

BARBARA ANN GALLAGHER

" WE WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU " WHITNEY My sincere condolences to the family friends & fans through out the world God Bless Prayers going up and out Please give her family space and time to grieve . xoxoxoxoxoxo

Elys

adoro Whitney, tenho todos os dvds e cds, foto e muitas coisas, desde que ela iniciou sua carreira, que os anjos estejam junto a ela, fazendo a muito mais feliz, eu sei que sim sim sim sim

Lilmisscbosslady

Our heavenly father just added another angel to sing,

younoseeit

Deepest condolences to Dionne, Bobbi Kristina, Cissy and the Houston family. Whitney will forever remain in our hearts as the beauty who shared her gift and helped to heal the world thru song. Love is immortal and life is eternal and The Voice will live on.

Carolyn

Cissy Houston and Dionne Warwick my heart goes out to you all also Bobbi Kristen I feel your pain. I really love Whitney through all that she's been through we all have our trails that we go through I will keep you all in my prayers. My deepest sympathy. Please keep and Bobbi Kristen under your wings as much as possible b/c she is really going through and she is so young.

vicky hendricks

Whitney houston will be dearly missed.

sandro gomes

eu sempre te amarei...

Mike

From the moment I heard it, I knew it will be a very sad time for me to come. If sb would understand me and know my wishes people would think I'm mad. I was deeply a long distance lover of her. So I'm also in deep grieve and sorrow. Tot the fam. Much of strength to go thorugh this loss.
To my to-ever-to-become mrs Withney, Rest In Peace and see you around again sometime.
No time tot blame anyone or anything, It's wiser to live Right and in Hamony with all the good things that are around you. She lived in harmony with the wrong things actually.
Bye Everybody......keeep up
Withney, My heart will go on...
Mike

regina harris

Although she is not blood related, i feel as if i lost a family member. I grew up listening to all her music and wanted to be like her when i was a teen. I am truly in shock. R.I.P Whitney Houston

robert brown

Why should anyone feel sorry for another dead celebrity JUNKIE. These people have everything they need to live long happy lives, but throw their futures and souls away to drugs and alcohol. I don't think anybody should even feel sorry for the talented ones, much less some washed up pop star/drama queen like Houston. We should feel sorry for the people who truly suffer in life but keep going with their heads up, instead of committing suicide through drug and/or alcohol.

james smith

Whitney Houston in my opinion gave the best redition of our national anthem at the super I have ever heard may she rest in peace