Jennifer Hudson

Sings 'I Will Always Love You'

at the Grammys

2/12/2012 8:08 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

video platform video management video solutions video player
0_688g068k_0_c6b488si
RIP Whitney.

Previous 15 Comments | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19

Thabani Mnhlauyo onochie

Very sad, Thanx JH , MAY HER SOUL R.I.P

rita

Why is she trying to wear her hair like Whitney and sing her most fameous song. Jennifer cant even come close to Whitney, they said Clive Davis said she was the new Whitney before Whitney died. She will never come close to Whitney Houston. She could have sung any song with her normal hair and dress, she should not try to dress up like she is Whitney because she is not.

Sophia

Jen honey, u sound bad last night , singing I will always love u.

Lee

you ppl do realize that "I Will Always Love You" wasnt originally sung by Whitney Houston right? It was done by Dolly Parton in the mid 70s

susan

why whitney she had a long life a head of her R.I.P baby girl

Roxy

I think it was self-serving to sing the song Whitney Houston was fameous for, sort of selfish, so now everyone will associate that song with Jennifer Hudson, she could have picked any song, any spiritual, like she sang when her family died. She tried to show that she had the same vocal chops as Whitney, and do the same song she is fameous for, but she did succeed. Whitney is 100 times more clear and strong, poised and was a much better and powerful performer. No one can come close, why even try.

leago dina makhudu

m very touched, n hurt abt whitney's death. She was my inspiration, sum1 i could look up to. To whotney's family! m sori for ur loss.

judi

SOUNDED AWFUL !! BUT SHE HAD TO DO IT LAST MINUTE!! BUT STILL SOUNDED AWFUL THEY COULD OF GOTTEN SOMEONE BETTER!

Brian

Ouch! it really sounded awful. Charice made a tribute last night and it sounder perfect check it out @ http://perezhilton.com/2012-02-14-charice-whitney-houston-tribute/#.Tzrlzk7xp8E

Spyder

I missed the first hour or so of the Grammys, so I didn't see the main tribute to Whitney Houston. My deepest sympathies go out to her family (particularly her daughter), her friends and her fans. I believe it was Jennifer Hudson who said after singing Whitney's signature song "She was the greatest entertainer of all time."

I know how people feel when they mourn someone close to them dying. But, we all tend to build the deceased on a pedestal, higher than we had when that person was living.

I was not a fan of Whitney's. I did like her first two hits "You Give Good Love" and "Saving All My Love For You" because the songs had soul. Later, she and Mariah Carey and Celine Dion seemed to record songs to demonstrate their octave range instead of singing great soul or R&B tunes. (Who could scream the longest and the loudest?)

I can't judge her as a human being. There's only One who will do that after our passing. I sincerely hope that she rests in peace.

But the Greatest Entertainer? In our lifetime, that honor would have to go to Frank Sinatra. Frank's music may not be your thing, but you can't ignore the first King of All Media. Sinatra was one of the biggest stars during the 1930s, '40s, '50s, '60...s, '70s, '80s and up until his death in the 1990's.

We all could debate personal tastes, but sales figures speak for themselves. Such as records, live performances, radio, TV, movies and all of the digital media today because his three children own the rights to all of his music.

You may debate Elvis, The Beatles, The Stones, Elton John or Michael Jackson. But, personal choices aside, you can't ignore the numbers that translate into dollars.

rita

They should have had Amber Riley do that tribute at the grammy, she sang the mess out I will always love you on Glee, and also Thanked Whitney for letting Glee use the song before she died. She puts Jennifer Hudson to shame, here is Amber's performance:

Rob

Sorry but she sounds like pure crap, should have done a much easier song NO ONE can sing that song EXCEPT Whitney!!! Jen can blow that is for sure but NOT THAT SONG sorry it sounded HORRIBLE. RIP Whitney!!No one can every take it that FAR!!!

redgpgtp

Actually, I like Dolly's voice and I think she would've done a good job, without the soulfulness of Whitney's volcal antics though.

lee

well i too thought Jennifer did well but check out Amber Riley from Glee and Charice both on you tube OMG i believe Charice by far blows J Hud and Amber away its a tie and Glee pre taped show weeks ago before Whitney passed really weird RIP Whitney

Previous 15 Comments | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19