Whitney Houston

Remembered with

Prayer at Grammy Awards

2/12/2012 5:29 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

video platform video management video solutions video player
0_1u8sy5n6_0_2ehom6nz
2012 Grammy Awards host LL Cool J wasted no time addressing the passing of Whitney Houston, leading the star-packed audience in a prayer in her honor.

Immediately after, LL showed a clip of Whitney singing "I Will Always Love You" at the Grammys back in 1994.

Jennifer Hudson is expected to perform a musical tribute to Whitney later in the show. According to Us Magazine, JHud broke down crying while rehearsing earlier in the day and had to restart her number several times before she could finish it.

Grey

Oh great, now it's the untalented hack, Jennifer look-at-my-fat-ass Hudson, what a joke this show is.
WHERE IS THE TALENT.?????

ann

For men seeking younger women . ---Ageloving,come---there are sexy and young girls .Join FREE today.

Charlie Sheen's Watch

Very considerate and well done LL.

joecrabs

How dare you pray!!! You people at the Grammy's probably offended TENS of people doing so.

Kathryn

Man, it sure looks like she got LOTS of TRIBUTES at the Grammy's tonite-----NOT. lmao. Jennifer Hudson BUTCHERED the ONLY song I ever liked of the former living addict. Who wants to honor a Crackwh*re that didn't respect the body and life GOD gave her and, instead, wasted it away on drugs and alcohol......and took her daughter TO BARS w/her and LET HER drink. hilarious u azz hats are idolizing THAT. lmao. GOOD RIDDANCE to the nappy-headed ho and her nappy-headed daughter/monster she created. period.

Bill Leslie

leading the audience in prayer - hahaha - I'm surprised the building wasn't immediately struck my lightning - bunch of perverse amoral hypocrites

Grey

And now the only person with less talent than lady gaga, Nicky Mina's.
What the hell happened to music?

Cujeaux

The classiest and coolest people in the joint are the old timers like Smokey and Tony Bennett. I'll be sad when they pass on. True originals.

Grey

If it wasn't for Adele, the Foo Fighters, and Bruno Mars, the Grammy's would have been totally talent Free.
So glad they were there!

josh

in jesus name amen ,and in his name alone!!!!!!!!!

Regina

@just me: I thought you didn't believe in God, yet you are saying " the body GOD gave her". Which is it, you do or you don't. Or are you one of those that just live to stir up trouble. You are nothing but a hypocrite. You say God doesn't exist but then you invoke his name to make a point.

PATRONELA

MAY WHITNEY SOUL REST IN PEACE TILL ETERNITY PRESENTLY I FEEL SAD I LOST A MOTHER,SINGER,FRIEND EVERYTHING I VE NEVER SEEN HER OR MEET HER BEFORE BUT THROUGH HER MUSIC IT MADE ME CONNECT WITH REALITY SHE WAS SO POETIC AND WITH A BEAUTIFUL VOICE LIKE AN ANGEL

LcIrishman

Almost fell on the floor laughing when I watched all of those hypocrites bowing their heads and pretending to pray. Most of those people have no other religion than themselves. Please save the pious looks for your next music video, and let Whitney rest in peace.

RD

She was a major drug taker and by dying she paid the price. What's all the fuss about. I liked Houston when she was clean and sober but when she started the drugs, I couldn't care less what happens to her. She and every other person who dies of drugs should be a lesson for every one that drugs are bad.

who farted

Half of those people in that room dont believe in God or Jesus but pretend to for LL Cool Jay, what a bunch of hipocrites

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments