Whitney Houston's Aunt

The Lady Who Tried to Save Her

2/13/2012 2:25 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0_mwyhbcu3_0_t2b94n98
Whitney Houston's aunt Mary Jones -- the woman who discovered the singer's body in the hotel bathtub, pulled her out and tried reviving her -- arrived at LAX yesterday to fly back east for the singer's funeral.

TMZ broke the story ... Whitney's aunt, Mary Jones, was in Whitney's room, laid out her dress for the Clive Davis party and then left for 30 minutes.  When she returned, she knocked at the bathroom door and entered to find Whitney submerged in the bathtub.

Mary tried unsuccessfully to resuscitate Whitney before paramedics arrived.

HARVEY/ TMZ...
Why would you show a video of your staff harassing someone who just lost a family member ??
It does not leave you in a good light.

cw

you did the best you could.who knew what was going on.I pray for the family and all who cared for her. my heart breaks for her mother and daughter.

Bren

Can't you give the family some space? Yesterday it was the daughter and the aunt. Let them be, they just lost a family member, ffs!

charlie

Bless Mary's heart. This will be something she will never forget. Prayers for the family.

RIP Whitney. You will be missed.

Mariah C.

Whitney Houston was my very best friend. I remember the first time I heard her song " I will always love you" when I was just 21 years old. I would go into the bathroom and play it over and over, and try to do my high notes like she did. She will be missed. We will always love you too, Whitney H.. I even recall me singing in the bathroom mirror with a brush in my hand. Instead of doing the 8 notes of music, I was singing I will always Love you. I sung it so much my mom was like " Arent you tired of that song".
Its so hard, to have her gone. My very best friend. America's most beloved singer, and the most friendliest person I knew, is gone, but I will always, always remember her. Bobbi Kristina you are in my dreams at night. May God watch over you.
LOVE YOU WHITNEY!!!

janet

Still don't understand how Whitney Houstons death, cause, drugs and alcohol is being covered up. Everyone knows she's a hardcore addict for many years. Scripts, street drugs, whatever. Overdosed, on purpose or accidental. It will be ruled 'accidential' not a suicide.

Michelle

This is odd, why is the aunt flying commerical when there is a private plane taking the body back east? I am assuming the family also flew with the body?

CelebJustice

Enough already KMZ. It's like watching vultures circle.

fran

They need to leave Whitney Houston alone and let her family grieve in peace.

Sherell Cornish

wat a sad moment for us here in The Bahamas,we will truely miss u whitney n prayers go out to the families,love youl.
Love Sherell

CJfromSTL

I must say, this is disgusting. She clearly is a grieving family member. TMZ's quest to get all the information first is crossing the line with this. Did you see her put her head down and wipe her eyes after getting on the escalator? This was heartless!

kwilson

Please respect the privacy of the family!

jen

How disgusting to harass the family like that when they are grieving one thing to hound celebrities who know that is part of the package deal of being famous but this lady is just a normal woman who went through something horrific leave her alone FFS seriously where is your heart and morals TMZ a new low

stevie68a

When you go as far up as Whitney did, sometimes there's nowhere to go but down. Just like
Elvis, Michael, Judy, Piaf, Billie Holiday, Janis Joplin, and others.
Anyway, Whitney was a true goddess, who's star shone so bright. R.I.P.

justpoor

To Jac:

Nicholas was not born to Whitney. She took him in and supported him. It has never been reported that she adopted him, not that he was not a part of her life. He was arrested or pulling a gun at her home, and Bobbi was arrested for underage drinking at that time also.