Whitney Houston's Aunt

The Lady Who Tried to Save Her

2/13/2012 2:25 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0_mwyhbcu3_0_t2b94n98
Whitney Houston's aunt Mary Jones -- the woman who discovered the singer's body in the hotel bathtub, pulled her out and tried reviving her -- arrived at LAX yesterday to fly back east for the singer's funeral.

TMZ broke the story ... Whitney's aunt, Mary Jones, was in Whitney's room, laid out her dress for the Clive Davis party and then left for 30 minutes.  When she returned, she knocked at the bathroom door and entered to find Whitney submerged in the bathtub.

Mary tried unsuccessfully to resuscitate Whitney before paramedics arrived.

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

Annie Ruth Abernathy

Missing you so much Whitney and will treasure your music and movies.God giveth and he taketh.Whitney RIP God is taking good care of you and I will miss you forever.What in homegoing beautiful and heart filt touch so many across the world.I cryed so much and still am and it still don`t feel real.My prayers to the family God bess you all.

Annie Ruth Abernathy

My dear sweet whitney you were so amazing and I will never forget you.I thought that some day I would come to see you again at a concert but know I guess it will be in the heavenly concert.Cissy Houston I have you and the family in special prayers.thank you for sharing her with and her homegoing I was so wonderly blessed.I loved her so so much.I will treasure her music and her movies the most.Once a child of God always a child of God.RIP Whitney gone but will never be forgotten.

Common Sense

SHAME, SHAME, SHAME on TMZ! This is despicable. Yes, it's creepy to rent the room right away but (excepting paranormal mongers who would love to rent it) the theories people are spinning or adding to is ludicrous. What about the impending backlash when Dionne Warwick is reminded she was once part of that defunct Psychic Friends Network? Give it time. I'm surprised the Kardashian's haven't tried to find an angle in for self-promotion. They can't seem to market their (embarrassing) selves enough. Parasitic reporting lacks regard for the victim, their family or in general. It's not just tabloid tv or websites. It's mainstream media. HLN is notorious for wringing out a story until it's downright sickening. It's like they can't stop themselves. Frenzied, regurgitated reporting and multiple photo montages of the person they're reporting about distractingly swirling in the background. Examples include Michael Jackson's untimely demise or worse yet, the Casey Anthony trial. I had never seen anyone repeat Michael Jackson's name so many times as that gossipy reporter AJ Hammer. They carpet bomb the viewers with redundant sensationalism as the pictures float by. Any objectivity for the people they're reporting on goes south in no time flat. Just look at the contorted facial expressions as they speak. Worn out drive-by phrases like BOMBSHELL TONIGHT!! does lend credence to their overall reporting style. Shame on any media that goes there.

Common Sense

SHAME, SHAME, SHAME on TMZ! This is despicable. Yes, it's creepy to rent the room right away but (excepting paranormal mongers who would love to rent it) the theories people are spinning or adding to is ludicrous. What about the impending backlash when Dionne Warwick is reminded she was once part of that defunct Psychic Friends Network? Give it time. I'm surprised the Kardashian's haven't tried to find an angle in for self-promotion. They can't seem to market their (embarrassing) selves enough. Vulturistc reporting lacks without regard for the victim, their family or in general. It's not just tabloid tv or websites. It's mainstream media. HLN is notorious for wringing out a story until it's downright sickening. Regurgitated. It's like they can't stop themselves. Frenzied, competitive reporting and tacky multiple photo montages of the person they're reporting about distractingly swirling in the background. Examples include Michael Jackson's untimely demise or worse yet, the Casey Anthony trial. I had never seen anyone repeat Michael Jackson's name so many times as that gossipy type reporter AJ Hammer. They carpet bomb (pistol whip) the viewers with their redundant sensationalism and contorted facial expressions (as the pictures float by). Any regard or objectivity for the people they're reporting on goes south in no time flat. Worn out drive-by phrases like BOMBSHELL TONIGHT!! does lend credence to their overall reporting style. Shame on any media that goes there.

Common Sense

FahQ

Don't you guys have any decency? I understand you have a job to do, but, it's disgusting to shove a camera in a grieving aunt's face to ask her questions about the loss of her niece so soon after it happened. I hope when your loved ones die, people do the same to you.

Angie Diego

Wow, you fat black pig, looks like your no-talent niece was not sharing the wealth with you. You could use some lipo and some hair extensions. And did you try to save her, or did you hold her down in the bathtub and force gravy down her wrinkly throat? Good riddance...

AL

I really feel for the houstons and Bobby Brown, they are a family trying to come to terms with a loss of a mother, daughter and wife. I know that fame puts you in the lime light, but they are still only human with feelings. I don't know what i'd do if i lost my mum at such a young age. Poor Whitney, i hope she can't see whats happening.

Mary

After all this time, I am still waiting to hear what was so important that she had to leave her alone. I understand that Body Guards in the past never left her alone while in the bathroom for long periods of time. We just hear the same old stuff. But, this has never been answered.

JMN

Why would anyone have left her alone, even for 30 minutes. I believe her team let her down. They knew her history, they knew her, and yet they left her alone. What a tragedy for Bobbi Kris. It should never have gone down the way it did. Shame on her team.

hotmail.com

It's a shame that someone in the family killed whitney and sold her pictures to the inquire.

hotmail.com

Someone in the family killed whitney. It is so ovious. Tyhe were the onl ones who had access to her.

hotmail.com

This is the woman that murdered whitney houston, her aunt Mary Jones.

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8