Whitney Houston

L.A. Coroner Hunting Down

Prescription Records

2/15/2012 9:41 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0211_whitney_houston_tmz_bn3
The L.A. County Coroner wants to get to the bottom of Whitney Houston's medical and pharmaceutical history -- obtaining subpoenas to get the singer's medical and drug records from her doctors.

According to Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter, it's not out of the ordinary to request such records.

As TMZ reported, there were a half-dozen Rx bottles in the hotel room where Whitney died, including prescriptions for Xanax, Amoxicillin and ibuprofen.  There was also a bottle of Midol, but nothing excessive or unusual.

0211_rememebring_whitney

Jim

The world is better off when the dopers die off, not a tear shead for her here.

Wanda

I am so sick of hearing the negative statements making there rounds after Whit"s death. Lord everybody coming out the woodworks ,with something to say. Whit had a beautiful heart, she was good to many,,This is what I want to hear,,more of the good. WE are all hurting,,I am a Newark native like Whit,, we are taking this so hard here in Da Bricz.lET US ALL PRAY FOR HER FAMILY AND HER BABY..STOP SPECULATING WITH RUMORS AND RUNNING YOUR PIE HOLES. A FELLOW NEWARKER. REST EASY SIS.

I Heart NKOTB!!!

Seriously TMZ, I don't understand why you are beating this story to death. This isn't a mystery, whodunnit, and won't end with someone to blame. This is a story about a pathetic person who hasn't done done anything noteworthy in 20 years. This is a person who destroyed all her talent and respectability for getting high. This is just a sad end to hopeless drug addict. Nothing to cry over.

brad

I suspect a few thousand of the Hollywood stars and musicians are freaking out today. They're probably telling themselves ... "Oh my God!

Because of Whitney's overdose, they're not going to cut off my supplies of prescription drugs by going after the doctors in Los Angeles are they! How am I going to make it without my pills!! It's horrible. I might have to start driving down to Tijuana, Mexico to get my supplies now or some shady internet pharmacy!" Arrrgh !!

CloBird

And you consider this something of note? This is TYPICAL practice for all deaths-- to get ALL MEDICAL INFORMATION, which includes prescription records, dental records.
Really, TMZ, your reporters need to LEARN about what they report.Reporters don't need to be MDs to study basic forensic pathology guidelines.

Dr. Dre

Good...lock these doctor's up!!!

brad

The pharmacies in America and around the world need to put BIG "skull and crossbones" STICKERS on certain prescription drugs like the hardcore painkillers and tranquilizers to remind people how DEADLY they can be ... especially if you take too much in a short period of time and mix it with alcohol.

I don't give a sheut what the corrupt, greedy pharmaceutical companies might say about it. It's badly needed! Some of these drugs mess up your mind so much that people don't remember when they took their last dose unless they write it down on paper with the time, etc.

wow

I highly doubt WH was abusing prescription drugs on a grand scale.

who cares

wow: 6 minutes ago

I highly doubt WH was abusing prescription drugs on a grand scale.
---------------
You're a idiot she was obviously taking more then on at a time just look at thursday photos dummy. Abuse id taking more than perscribed which is abuse ya dummy.

who cares

TMZ you are ignorant I bet money something was removed before calling for help, like drugs.....

Rolm

This is a very very long week Who cares

Adam

Very Interesting. Read how social media took hold of the news about Whitney Houston's passing. http://bit.ly/A80hFu

Dr. Dre

Sadly, this will be another Ana-Nicole/Michael Jackson case...

who cares

TMZ you are reporting the samething over and over, adding a new headline isn't news. You already posted this once implying that there was no Dr shopping and now you seem to be saying wait a minute.. SO which is it TMZ you are making a lot of contridictions and that happens when your well over 50 articles that get spit out as fast as you can write them without any verification. LAme job TMZ.

who cares

TMZ just a few hours ago you posted a story that there is no evidence of Dr shopping. You cant keep your story straight. And it proofs you are reporting speculation and not facts. TMZ wait for facts before drawing conclusion because you people cant keep your story straight.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments