Bobby Brown

'You Have to

Move On Sometimes' [VIDEO]

2/17/2012 6:13 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0217_bobby_brown_splash_videoBobby Brown gave an emotional tribute to Whitney Houston during a New Edition concert in Maryland last night ... and then he totally RUINED the moment.

The tribute was nice ... with Bobby thanking his fans and his family for support and saying, "Life is life ... you have to move on sometimes."

And then he said this, "I love [Whitney] like I love God ... my name is BAD ASS Bobby Brown."

You stay classy.

Bad Ass Bobby will continue the concert tour tomorrow night -- hitting the stage at an Indian casino in Connecticut just hours after Whitney is laid to rest in New Jersey.

Stay tuned ...

Cgal

I'm not a Bobby fan, but I really don't see anything wrong with what he said. He thanked everyone and I don't believe that he meant it like, So Whitney's dead, time to move on. He said it like, this is a part of life and I have to put it in the past right now to entertain all of you. Whitney herself called him Bad Ass Bobby Brown.

JJ

I wish people would stop bashihg Bobby, honestly, they lived a crazy life together, their own doing (both of them).
They have a daughter he needs to standby right now at this time, simple as that.
I understand him saying ..... you have to move on sometimes... It's a simple true fact of life--even during a tragic loss.
It's a hard time for all who personally knew her.

JWeiss86

Who can believe this - my best friend's step-aunt makes $73 a hour on the computer. She has been laid off for 8 months but last month her paycheck was $8367 just working on the computer for a few hours. For more on this site... http://is.gd/imVkfm

Chase

I wish this life-long addict and blood sucking scam artist would "move on"...to an overdose.

Reyna38

good lord all mighty..... This motha ****a needs to stop trying to make him self to be a nice asss man...... he needs to suffer a very HARSH punishment......... im so tired and sick of his ass trying to make an easy buck$$$ like i said when Whitney died. i swore to GOd that this Douche Bag full of caca was going to cash it is big time.. .. he needs too be sleeping with the fish soon...

Alexandra

"My name is bad ass Bobby Brown,".... I mean seriously, wtf? I'm not trying to be rude, but I don't know anyone who would say something like that after talking about someone they loved. I don't believe he was the cause of her drug use, etc, but man... I'm sure she gave way more to him (and I'm not just talking money), than he ever gave to her. Ugh. What a creep.

Ann

He just can't help but be stupid.

shae

yeah, and if she'd a moved on from yo dumbass she might still be here!!!smh

Andi-Kingwood, TX

He should have his NUTS cut off and fed to him for introducing her to drugs!

too shay

Fan of Bobby's and New Edition's music, but I think Bobby needs to stay low profile until after Whitney's home going service. Perhaps tour contractual obligations prevent it, but I don't think that he should've been at last night's concert or be performing at tomorrow night's concert. It's just a bad look, especially given his negative press of late.

Chan

OK AS A HUGE NEW EDITION FAN I HAVE TO TELL MOST OF YOU IDIOTS THIS!! THEY ARE ALL ON TOUR.. THESE DATES WERE BOOKED LONG BEFORE WHITNEY PASSED AWAY... HE MISSED OUT ON THE SUN TUE AND WED SHOWS!! SO YES HE'S BACK TO WORK.. I MEAN OK LET'S BE HONEST HERE IN REAL LIFE WORKING FREAKING CLASS AMERICA WE ONLY GET 3 DAMN DAYS TO BEREAVE A LOST ONE!! SO WHY THE F*CK SHOULD HE NOT GO TO MAKING HIS MONEY?? HE'S NO LONGER HER HUSBAND. HES AT THE SHOW TONIGHT AS WELL WHICH IS IN GREENSBORO,NC. SO DON'T BE SURPRISED TOM. AND HE'S GOING TO THE FUNERAL AND WILL DO ANOTHER SHOW TOMORROW RIGHT AFTER IN CONN! THEN AGAIN SUN IN NJ!! PPL LET THE MAN BE IT SEEMS LIKE YOUR JUST POINTING THE BLAME BECAUSE YOU REFUSE TO ACCEPT WHITNEY WAS GROWN..

THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG WITH WHAT THE MAN SAID.. IN LIFE WE GRIEVE AND ALL HAVE TO FIGURE OUT ONE WAY OR ANOTHER HOW TO COPE WITH IT.. IF HE SO CHOOSES TO PERFORM LET HIM.. IT'S POSITIVE HE'S STAYING ACTIVE.. AND AMONGST THE PPL THAT HE'S COMFORTABLE WITH HIS BROTHERS FOR 30 YEARS.. WE HAVE NO CLUE AT ALL WHAT'S GOING ON BEHIND THE SCENES WHEN HE'S OFF STAGE. WE NEVER KNOW WITH ANY OF THESE CELEBRITIES.. PPL GET A GRIP AND CLUE

Kelly

Everybody is talking about them does nyone care about there daughter? He is leaving apparently he doesn't care! Is that performance worth more then his daughter?

suuzie

I hope he got booed off the stage, what a jerk. I am sure if he has the nerve to go to that funeral tomorrow, somebody might do something to him.

HermesHeiress

I think loving someone like you love God is loving someone unconditionally and whole heartedly.What a life they both lived,filled with so much pain,yet so much joy came from it too..they have Bobbi.We all have a road to walk...rich ,poor,or whatever colour you are.Sometimes as much as we tempt fate we cannot change the course of our lives,what is to be must be.

k

not sure why he would continue with his concert, instead of being with his daughter, new edition sucks and always have, washed up, who wants to see a boy band with 40 year olds in it, shame on bobby, a total loser