Whitney Houston Funeral

Bobby Brown Bailed

Over Seating Dispute

2/18/2012 11:16 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Bobby Brown was asked to leave the funeral of Whitney Houston today.
Bobby Brown was asked to leave Whitney Houston's funeral today ... after he got into an argument with Whitney's family over whether or not he could bring nine people into the church with him ... TMZ has learned.

Brown was spotted going into the church today in Newark, NJ ... but was seen leaving shortly thereafter.

According to our sources, Brown was invited, plus two, but instead showed up with an entourage of nine people. We're told Bobby became upset when he found out they would not seat his whole party.

Our sources say Bobby wanted to sit with his daughter, Bobbi Kristina, but Whitney's family was not having it.

We're told Rev. Jesse Jackson tried to smooth things over ... but to no avail.

update_bar
Rev. Al Sharpton spoke of the incident with Bobby as he left the church, saying, "He showed nothing but love and respect for Whitney. I wish people would leave Bobby alone" (see video below).

Brown issued a statement later on, saying, "My children and I were invited to the funeral of my ex-wife Whitney Houston. We were seated by security and then subsequently asked to move on three separate occasions."

He continued, "I fail to understand why security treated my family this way and continue to ask us and no one else to move. Security then prevented me from attempting to see my daughter Bobbi-Kristina. In light of the events, I gave a kiss to the casket of my ex-wife and departed as I refused to create a scene."

0218_al_sharpton_video

nwhite

I am so sick of both Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. They need to fade away. Who wants their opinion on a family matter!! Take care of your own families!

Tamara

People fail to realize that they were all family at one point, and to treat him like an outsider and only allow him to bring two ppl, I mean c'mon he had well over two kids and I'm sure they all would've love to come and show their respect to their ex step-mom. People can say what they want about him but Whitney loved that man with her whole heart and it's tragic that her life ended the way it did but let's be real Bobby didn't kill her. He should've been able to bring as many people as he wanted. Instead they give the seats away to a bunch of celebrities but couldn't accommodate her ex-husband and father of her only child and step-kids. I think it was rude and disrespectful of them. This is the time to let the past stay in the past and come together because I'm sure they all are hurting.

Kennie

TMZ... I swear you all are over the top an Entourage he brought his children to the service...

emamabird

Why can't anybody accept the fact that Whitney and Bobby were once in love. Also, he deserves some consolence too!They were divorced but I'm sure he never wanted to see her dead. She was the mother of his daughter he had every right to be at the funeral. I think Whitney would have definitely wanted him there!

gregory gordon

she was doing drugs b4 she met bobby brown and when bobby stop doing drugs she kept on and got her kid doing drugs so lay off bobby brown.

SY

This story is partial wrong, 4 of the 9 were his kids, Whitney's former step children and Bobbi Kristen's half siblings. Bobby has been split from Whitney about 5 years and has gotten his life on track touring, being sober he should not be made to be a scapegoat. They still were a family for over 10 years.

ComputerGirlgg

This is just so horrible how everyone just can't cut Bobby Brown a break. Not one of you where there to say what and how things were done. At the end of the day this man came out to support his daughter and to honor his wife and that is what he should have been able to do if it was with nine(9) people or the true five (5) people he came with. As much negativity as everyone has put out about him why would he not come with his family, his son who took this very very hard and others. Why not back off and let this rest...

NewMoon360

It's very hard to judge the way someone is feeling or their true emotions and motivation, especially at an emotional time. Bobby like so many others are judged on their past, that's not fair to him or his children, ultimately the children suffer. The past is what's behind, why waste energy on what can't be changed and whose to say that it has not, really...We are so quick to throw stones...next time throw them at the mirror first

chaley

i feel like everyone want to just pick on b.b. she wouldve wanted him there and not treated badly, regardless of the divorce, fights, lies whitney loved b.b. and b.b. loves whitney. this is such tragedy and people should think positively not negatively!!! love you whitney and b.b.!!!

RODENY

GOD BLESS WHITNEY..BUT MR BROWN U WILL PAY FOR WHT U HAV DONE...U WERE NOT IT FRM THE BEGINNING IT SHOULD HAV BEEN ME A HOLGHOST BROKE MAN.......LOL HE JUS DID NOT APPRCIATE THE GOOD THG HE HAD IT WAZ ALL A GAME FOR THE YOUNG BUCK...U WILLPAY FOR IT......

Stubbycat

There is a word for "people" like Bobby, it starts with n and is why some black people are called that. Other black people are called friends and neighbors. There is a difference between people like him and just regular folks.
I like comment #2, he belongs in the back of the bus.
This is not ment to offend any good people of any race, just bad people of all races. ...you know who you are...

O

Ok, I have read that the church of Whitney Houston funeral could seat 1800 people. Let me say that again 1800 people! So If Bobby brought with him 100 family members what is the problem? If you were in Bobby shoes would you really want to come alone giving how the family feels about him anyway? They didnt want him their period. Whitney family was just rude and ghetto.

Marie

The Houston family should have refused Bobby Brown entry at the church the day he was marrying Whitney. That way they could have prevented this funeral because he destroyed Whitney's life and made her kill herself.

TMoo

All your post are stupid and speculating conversation talking about stuff you dont know! This is a funeral Whitney knew all
his guest and loved this mann dirty pants they hae history and daughter. He was harassed and i hope come out with a tell all book or movie. whitney isnt innocent and bobby isnt a monster leave him alone. He came to a funeral of his ex wife what a mann! what courage dispite the RUMORS!

Chloe

Hey Dirtball,
Eveyone knows you introduced her to drugs, and you share responsibility for her death; the family didn't want you there so why not just speak the truth? The ego makes me sick, only God can ultimately judge, and there are those who will be nervous when faced with recounting a life's truth.

Previous 15 Comments | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments