Whitney Houston Funeral

Bobby Brown Bailed

Over Seating Dispute

2/18/2012 11:16 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Bobby Brown was asked to leave the funeral of Whitney Houston today.
Bobby Brown was asked to leave Whitney Houston's funeral today ... after he got into an argument with Whitney's family over whether or not he could bring nine people into the church with him ... TMZ has learned.

Brown was spotted going into the church today in Newark, NJ ... but was seen leaving shortly thereafter.

According to our sources, Brown was invited, plus two, but instead showed up with an entourage of nine people. We're told Bobby became upset when he found out they would not seat his whole party.

Our sources say Bobby wanted to sit with his daughter, Bobbi Kristina, but Whitney's family was not having it.

We're told Rev. Jesse Jackson tried to smooth things over ... but to no avail.

update_bar
Rev. Al Sharpton spoke of the incident with Bobby as he left the church, saying, "He showed nothing but love and respect for Whitney. I wish people would leave Bobby alone" (see video below).

Brown issued a statement later on, saying, "My children and I were invited to the funeral of my ex-wife Whitney Houston. We were seated by security and then subsequently asked to move on three separate occasions."

He continued, "I fail to understand why security treated my family this way and continue to ask us and no one else to move. Security then prevented me from attempting to see my daughter Bobbi-Kristina. In light of the events, I gave a kiss to the casket of my ex-wife and departed as I refused to create a scene."

0218_al_sharpton_video

Previous 15 Comments | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48

Tam

Bobby was in the right to bring his family. The Houston's were wrong for not allowing Bobbi Kris's brothers and sisters to sit with her.

You have to put bad feelings behind you for an event like that. It is unfortunate the Houston's choose not to let everyone sit together.

lisa

THIS WAS ABOUT WHITNEY. IM PRETTY SURE SHE WOULD NOT HAVE LIKED THAT BOBBY AND THOSE HE CAME WITH (MOST LIKELY ALSO HER FRIENDS)TO NOT HAVE BEEN WELCOMED OR FOR BOBBY NOT TO BE SEATED WITH THEIR DAUGHTER! (SHE IS THEIR DAUGHTER) I ALSO BELIEVE THEY LOVED EACH OTHER, STILL TILL HER DEATH. WHY WOULD THEY BOTH STILL BE ALONE IF THIS NOT TO BE THE CASE. WHITNEY LOVED BOBBY AND THAT IS ALL THAT REALLY EVER MATTERED. HER WISHES SHOULD HAVE BEEN FIRST AND FOR-MOST. WHAT WOULD WHITNEY HAVE DONE. I'M SURE NOT MADE FEEL LIKE A UNWANTED GUEST.

biznesschic

You notice during the Oprah interview, Bobby Kristina never said a word about her father.

ansha chris

bobby needed not work away no matter the treatment he received from the security as well as the treatment from Whitney family as this only demonstrated how he use to work away from there relationship

Tam

Bobby Brown and his children should have been allowed to sit on the front row with Bobbi Kristina. He is her father, and his children are Bobbi Kristina's siblings. Whitney Houston helped look after Bobby's other children, too.

Shawn McFadden

I have the following to say to Jesse Jackson. The people with Bobby Brown were not his entorage Mr. Jackson. They were his children Mr. Jackson. I'm not trying to make Brown a saint for he is guilty of things himself that he will answer for when his time comes, however, I'm very tired of people such as yourself trying to condem him just so Whitney could have a Waiting to Exhale moment. Whitney wasn't all clean and holsome like a lot of people think she was. She did drugs before she married Brown, while she was married to hin, and after she divorced him. Do us all a favor Mr. Jackson, find out all the facts before you condem someone.

Previous 15 Comments | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48