Whitney Houston Funeral

Casket Under LOCKDOWN

Until Burial

2/18/2012 2:11 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The casket of Whitney Houston.
The casket of Whitney Houston will be heavily guarded until the burial Sunday morning, with a whopping 10 security guards tasked with keeping watch on it ... TMZ has learned.

According to our sources, the casket will be kept at the cemetery until tomorrow's burial ... but will be well-protected until then.

We're told the family will get an opportunity to see Whitney one more time between now and tomorrow morning.

Today's funeral service featured touching testimonials by Kevin Costner and Clive Davis, among others.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Sassy

I find it VERY interesting that Bobby released an official statement quite some time ago about what REALLY happened, but the ever quick TMZ has failed to be "ever quick" and post it here. Shame on you TMZ. Didn't Jesse himself say Bobby should have been treated with more respect during that incident, which means there's a lot more to the story than saying he was being a brat about his entourage. I'm no fan of Bobby, I love, love, love Whitney, but you should report fairly and post everything.

Arcadia Rink

Whitney R.I.P. You had a beautiful service.

leslie

That was a beautiful funeral. I hope my send off, when I die is half as beautiful as whitney's. Bobby brown was invited with 2 people. Who brings a entourage to a funeral. That was self centered on his part. Then, he wanted to seat in the family section. Every black person knows you shouldn't do that. It is family in the first 3 rows of every funeral, I have attended. That was such a beautiful funeral...I loved it.

stu

Bye bye sweat dear angel!

Jbeezy

Why wait til tomorrow to bury her. Typical idiot family members of the famous. Let's see how long they stretch his out! Put the poor woman to rest already

awards

Probably a good idea with that nasty necrophiliac Bobby Brown around, eh?

leslie

PS. I am happy they are guarding her casket. It only takes one butthole to take a picture, sell it and its on the internet forever. Great move houston family.

Joan K

What in god's name are you going to talk about TMZ once she is buried?

Greygoose125

What a beautiful service - Rest in Peace Whitney!

mika

just burie the woman,she died a week ago,stop using her body for attention,let her rest in peace,

ActorMike

HE should have manned up an stayed.

Juan Gomez

no one is mourning more than her crack dealer. Her daughter is already following in her mother's footsteps, just another junkie.

Criss

When my time comes, I don't think I even want a funeral. I mean, what's the point? It's not like I'm gonna know about it!

John T.

Why wasn't she taken to the cemetery and buried after the service like every one else does??? Why drag it out another day.

Ronny

Bobby Brown Statement: "My children and I were invited to the funeral of my ex-wife Whitney Houston. We were seated by security and then subsequently asked to move on three separate occasions.

"I fail to understand why security treated my family this way and continue to ask us and no one else to move. Security then prevented me from attempting to see my daughter Bobbi-Kristina. In light of the events, I gave a kiss to the casket of my ex-wife and departed as I refused to create a scene. My children are completely distraught over the events. This was a day to honor Whitney. I doubt Whitney would have wanted this to occur. I will continue to pay my respects to my ex-wife the best way I know how."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments