'Seinfeld' Star

Survives Suicide Attempt

'I've Shot Myself in the Head'

2/22/2012 12:04 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0_10aps5wi_0_k91dhs70
Daniel von Bargen
-- who played Mr. Kruger in "Seinfeld" -- is clinging to life in an Ohio hospital after shooting himself in the head Monday morning in a failed suicide attempt ... and TMZ has the horrifying 911 tape in which he calls for help.

Daniel tells the 911 operator, "I've shot myself in the head ... and I need help."

The operator asks if it was an accident -- Daniel replies, "I was supposed to go to the hospital and I didn't want to." Daniel says he's diabetic, explaining, "They were supposed to amputate at least a few toes."

The operator asks where the gunshot wound is -- Daniel replies, "I shot in my temple."

Law enforcement officials confirm they were dispatched to von Bargen's Cincinnati apartment complex a short time later -- and when they arrived, you can hear them on the 911 tape ... yelling at Daniel to keep his hands where they could see them.

Von Bargen -- who also played Chief Grady in "Super Troopers" -- was transported to a nearby hospital where he is currently in critical condition.

During the call, Daniel goes into even more graphic detail about his condition. Listen at your own discretion.

0221_daniel_von_bargen_footer

Jerry Brantner

"Do you know the number off the TOP OF YOUR HEAD?" Really, dispatcher? What a jack-wagon!

gary

My heart breaks for this man. I can hear the cry for help in his voice. (4:30 - 4:55) "...I'm tired" Their are many just like him who live in silence everyday. Please talk to the people around you. Take time to hear friends, family or neighbors. Nobody should ever have to resort to this type of action. There is help. CRY OUT UNTIL PEOPLE HEAR YOU!

georgiegirl

I'm always amazed at how cold/uncaring some of you are. None of us know what anyone else is going through in their life that causes them to commit/try to commit suicide.
Shooting yourself in the temple doesn't always work....

ss34

Innnnncredible! Kruger

Jan Guilliams

WOW!! this is so sad.....

Rocky Ruggiero

Daniel - I want you to know I love you so much. I just love your honesty and kindness - it's so obvious to see how good you are. You are so awesome. God loves you so incredibly much. He knit you together in your mother's womb in an amazing way. You are so so so awesome. The devil tried to get in your mind because you are a sweet soul and he figured he could get away with it - and, guess what - he didn't get you because God's angels stepped in. I'm praying for you brother. I'm right with you and I adore you. We are all in this together Daniel.

Leona Galal

What a sad audio. Poor man sounds so sad and defeated.
I am going to pray for this man and I hope every person will pray for him
God help and save him

DJ

People "Liking" this on Facebook is somewhat disturbing.

Any updates on his condition?

Jeff

Daniel, I'm so sorry for your heartache. I know all too well about health problems affecting our lives. Please know that you are in my prayers and my thoughts. There are people who can help you and all you need to do is let them in. Again Daniel, I know how you feel and you are in my prayers.

Jeff

Hope you can sort things out. I did and am doing great. You can get through your health problems with help and that's the important part. Help, let them!

Ted

Not fair, to me "Kruger" was an "ICON" to me, he does not desearve this, I hate diabetes and what it is doing to a wonderful human being.

My prayers are with you, and wish you a full recovery.
"dont give up"

jakewestwn

The lack of humanity in the post is proof many posters have not lived through the trials of life long beyond their iPods, hairdos and fashion woes to understand real suffering or moments when things seam almost unbearable. Sometimes the European stock can be so shameful despite having accomplished so much.

Mia

Why in the world are the police so rude to him when they get into the apartment? He just shot himself in the head, I doubt he was very much of a risk to them. I hope he pulls through & gets the help he needs :(

gravyfury

Did he die? I can't fin anything new.

Grenadeh

Why don't you people show some ****ing civility? He didn't want to be alive and he failed at killing himself (assuming this all happened and I'm sure it really did). He's diabetic and it's terrible for him, so if you don't have any respect for it, that's fine, but be a human.