'Seinfeld' Star

Survives Suicide Attempt

'I've Shot Myself in the Head'

2/22/2012 12:04 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0_10aps5wi_0_k91dhs70
Daniel von Bargen
-- who played Mr. Kruger in "Seinfeld" -- is clinging to life in an Ohio hospital after shooting himself in the head Monday morning in a failed suicide attempt ... and TMZ has the horrifying 911 tape in which he calls for help.

Daniel tells the 911 operator, "I've shot myself in the head ... and I need help."

The operator asks if it was an accident -- Daniel replies, "I was supposed to go to the hospital and I didn't want to." Daniel says he's diabetic, explaining, "They were supposed to amputate at least a few toes."

The operator asks where the gunshot wound is -- Daniel replies, "I shot in my temple."

Law enforcement officials confirm they were dispatched to von Bargen's Cincinnati apartment complex a short time later -- and when they arrived, you can hear them on the 911 tape ... yelling at Daniel to keep his hands where they could see them.

Von Bargen -- who also played Chief Grady in "Super Troopers" -- was transported to a nearby hospital where he is currently in critical condition.

During the call, Daniel goes into even more graphic detail about his condition. Listen at your own discretion.

0221_daniel_von_bargen_footer

Billy_BoB

Jeez thats frikkin hectic. Im not gonna listen to the call though, **** that ****

Michele

WaxOnWhacksOff I agree with you SO much!! These people who post here are a disgrace and a JOKE!!! It's really F*cking easy for these people to sit behind their computers and past judgement, it's really f*cked up.

I am praying for this man. I hope he makes it through, this is such a sad story.

Nicoleasm

At first, I was thinking over your toes?? Really?? But I cried when he said I have no kids, no life, so there's no point anymore. That part was heartbreaking. I hope his family tries to help him now that they realize how dire his depression is.

TRACY COFFEY

SO, HIS SISTER WERE COMMING TO HIS PLACE TO MEET & GO WITH HIM TO HOSP. & HE WAS GONNA ALLOW THEM TO FIND HIM LIKE THAT..??? REALLY...I FIND THIS SOOOOO SELFISH, HE HAS NO KIDS..?? & IS A DIABETIC...?? OK...SO NEITHER OF THOSE IS A DEATH SENTENCE...YOU HAVE A LIFE & APPARENTLY SOME SISTERS WHO CARE ENOUGH TO COME & GO WITH YOU TO THE HOSP. I HOPE & PRAY IF GOD CAN PULL YOU THRU THIS ORDEAL YOU HAVE A DIFFERENT LOOK ON YOUR LIFE & YOUR LOVED ONES MR. VON BARGEN...GOD BLESS YOU SIR' I FEEL SORRY FOR YA...

rufan

Happens more often than you think. People who shoot themselves in the temple often blow their face and eyes off but miss the brain. Horrible. In the mouth and point up.

Maritza

I was really sorry to hear that he felt suicide was his only way to deal with his problems. I have enjoyed his acting and I hope he survives and gets help. He sounds lonely and I think I heard that he had already had an amputation and was tired of living but it didn't seem to be his time to go.

VictoriaGirl

Thats so sad that he'd rather kill himself then live without a couple of toes.

jcrude

911 operator: "Do you know her phone number, off the top of your head." Perhaps, another choice of words would have been appropriate.

kristine

tmz i appreciate that you are the "national enquirer of ACCURACY" cos i love facts and that you are astute on what is true.
but there's also the "NATIONAL ENQUIRER" part... vultures...

just bein honest :>

greg

It's tragic, but the 1 thing that stands out to me is when the operator said "Do you know your sisters phone number off the top of your head" He had to think as soon as he said that, WTF was I thinking.

TheTruthAsISeeIt

Poor guy. Who knows how much pain he must have been in to have shot himself in the temple? God must have other plans for him because he is still alive. I hope he makes a full recovery.

tmzreally?

Really TMZ, i thought this company was better then this, i spoke with your parent company in 2007, about what you would do with your site. Now look at you, buying any story that can draw hits on your site. Anyways TMZ, check yourself... You guys need to have more common sense.

Mommyrox

He must live around Cincinnati....

bring back recent posts

...WOW...and this is now classified as entertainment..I feel so guilty I listened!..with that said..he probably won't survive, poor soul either way...sad

Amy

Best wishes Daniel! I can't imagine the pain you were in to get to this point. I hope you get better soon!