« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Weird Al Yankovic

I Would DEFINITELY Do

The Super Bowl Halftime Show

2/23/2012 9:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0_3gb3ysbs_0_xc4aywrm
Fans everywhere have been clamoring for it ... and now, Weird Al Yankovic himself claims he'd be HONORED to perform at next year's Super Bowl halftime show -- he's just waiting for the NFL to extend the invite.

In case you didn't know -- there's a massive movement spreading online ... with thousands of Weird Al fans signing multiple petitions to get the singer booked for next year's show.

But Weird Al ain't convinced the movement's big enough yet -- claiming, "I'd be surprised if that's being seriously considered by the NFL, but prove me wrong!"

When asked if he'd even accept an invite to take the stage at the big game -- Al replied, "Sure, if they asked!"

So we gotta ask ...

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Linda

Oh man, Weird Al concerts are THE BEST!!!!

fanboymagazine

Oh man, I can see Al doing a medley of "Fat" "Like a surgeon" and wailing' on that accordion. What if he has a wardrobe malfunction to reveal his Junior Sheriff badge? Way too cool!

Denver

He has more talent than any of the posers in the Black Eyed Peas. He wouldnt lip synch his performance like Madonna, unless it's for comedy sake. It would be a brilliant idea to have him do the Super Bowl.

Michael Jackson Was A Pedo

Weird Al is incredibly talented and funny as hell. I'd watch that without hesitation. It would be refreshing to see somebody that doesn't lip sync their performance for a change.

kenneth m. lyon

It would be a GREAT showw!!

Mary

A superbowl halftime with music and comedy. Sounds like a winning and entertaining combination! Will definitely watch if Weird Al performs.

I am Spartacus

He may be a great performer but his routine just wouldn't fit or appeal to the mass audience that watches the Super Bowl. People like to comment about how they have had all these old performers the past few years but some of them have actually been pretty good like The Who, that was a great halftime performance. You aren't ever going to appeal to everyone but Weird Al would appeal to not even 1/4 of the people watching which is not something the NFL or whatever network the game is on would want.

I love Weird Al, i think he's hilarious and i'm sure he puts on a great show. But i have 0 desire to watch him performing parody songs during the Super Bowl.

Toilethead

He couldn't be any worse than any of those other old farts.

mike hunt

This would be an extraordinary show and a good reason to watch what is otherwise a bunch of overpaid idiots knock the brain cells out of each other. Weird Al has been entertaining and funny since the early 80s commercially and earlier when he appeared on Dr. Demento. When I was younger I used to change the lyrics to songs like he does but I didn't have the musical talent to do anything else with it.

Micah

Most of my friends on my Facebook are major Wierd Al fans!!! We all want to see him perform next Super Bowl.

NFL - If you don't invite him, we will boycott the season! (Not like that is gonna make a difference, but we are SICK of the stupid shows you have been putting on lately.)

That is the link to my Facebook group of putting Al in the Super Bowl. I could use as many supporters as possible!!! Thank you!!!

bob

ive been a big al fan since his early days and i think he would be better than just about any super bowl 1/2 time entertainment with the exception of paul mccartney.

kerrybabyxx

Looks like Tiny Tim

brad b

The last few performers didnt sing live, may as well let Al have a kick at it, at least he would sing live and it would be entertaining to watch! As far as im concerned he's wayyy more entertaining than madonna! ugh.... waste of time she is these days....

anony-mouse

I have seen lots and lots of performers live.
The Al Yankovic shows are by far the best and most entertaining and least boring shows there are.
He is unbelievably talented, popular.

Regina

If Weird Al was on the Super Bowl half time show, it would be the first time in history I would ever watch it and I HATE football. But I LOVE Weird Al. That's just what it needs, some fresh blood. And he's funny and it could always use some humor.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments