« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Weird Al Yankovic

I Would DEFINITELY Do

The Super Bowl Halftime Show

2/23/2012 9:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0_3gb3ysbs_0_xc4aywrm
Fans everywhere have been clamoring for it ... and now, Weird Al Yankovic himself claims he'd be HONORED to perform at next year's Super Bowl halftime show -- he's just waiting for the NFL to extend the invite.

In case you didn't know -- there's a massive movement spreading online ... with thousands of Weird Al fans signing multiple petitions to get the singer booked for next year's show.

But Weird Al ain't convinced the movement's big enough yet -- claiming, "I'd be surprised if that's being seriously considered by the NFL, but prove me wrong!"

When asked if he'd even accept an invite to take the stage at the big game -- Al replied, "Sure, if they asked!"

So we gotta ask ...

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Richard

Is it just me, or is he starting to look a lot like Tiny Tim?

Sara

OK i have to say i have been to ALOT of concerts in my life and one of the best and most entertaining concerts i have ever been to was a Weird Al concert last year..won free tickets and it was great

jeff

Weird Al rocks. madonna and peas were the worst. Anything would be better.

Dan Frederiksen

badgers? BADGERS? WE DONT NEEEEED NO STINKING BADGERS!

THE BEAVER

Richard: 11 hours ago

Is it just me, or is he starting to look a lot like Tiny Tim?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yeah, that's it!! I was thinking more with a mop head of hair, and ugly as hell, he must be kin to Howard. LOL He does look like Tiny Tim tho. The three of them should team up and do a movie together.

Call it.. O' Brother..What The Fck Happened To You

Jefferson

I saw Weird Al in concert back in the late 80's as an opening act. Before the show I wasn't that interested in seeing him play as I was more interested in the opening act. After watching his show I was very impressed. He actually gave a great show. His backing band was absolutely amazing and he was quite the entertainer! I would go see him again in a heartbeat.

BMac

Yes Please

jj

Join us in supporting Weird Al for Superbowl 2013!

harley martin

I have been a huge Weird AL fan since i could pop in a cd to a walkman. The thing about Weird AL V.S. other bands I listened to before is that Weird AL is still around and making great things happen. So, on a closing note he deserves it more than any of those has been celebs. so what Madonna was a sex symbol of her time it's now 2012 and if my math is correct its way past her prime. so again Weird AL needs to be the reason why Millions of Viewers not only go out to see the game but to see a true American ICON!

Mary Williams

Weird Al is great!

jj

jj

Kathleen Murphy

Anyone who has ever seen Weird Al live in concert would know that this would be a fantastic idea.

Stringanime

Wish Weird Al could see "DORA NO MORE" on youtube. The Stringini Bros are Weird Al fans and that video "DORA NO MORE" shows it HAHA!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4