Marvin Winans

Whitney & Bobby Were No 'Ozzie and Harriet'

2/24/2012 3:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0224_marvin_launch_EX
Whitney Houston's eulogist dropped some wisdom -- of Biblical proportions -- on Bobby Brown ... in attempt to settle the ongoing feud with Whitney's family.

Pastor Marvin Winans flew into LAX yesterday ... and when we asked about Bobby getting booted from the funeral he said, "What I know is, Bobby did really love Whitney -- and Whitney really loved Bobby."

Marvin added he knows most issues can't be resolved in 20 minutes -- a la TV's "Ozzie and Harriet" -- but says Whitney's death can teach everyone ... especially Bobby ... an important lesson.

Take 'em to church, pastor ...

My Big Salami

You mean to tell me doing crack and beating your wife as if your her PIMP can't keep a married couple together? What's this world coming to? Ozzie & Harriet would be so proud of Bad Azz Bobby Browns skills as a husband!

who cares

Who cares lets move on from the crack head why nothing more on CB???

Sonya in Tx

If they wanted to do right by Whitnet, they should have her crack pipe and a joint in her casket.

gutsygirl

With all due respect, Reverend, beating on a woman and turning her into a full-blown addict is not LOVE.

Wonder!

Duh...you can't turn someone into an addict. I am guessing Kevin Costner said it best...

faye

You can't help who you fall in love with, but, he was not in her "class" he brought her down to his... Think of the reality of it all now, she's in the ground, all that could of, should of, is now gone forever.. Make the right choices people and we all might stand a chance...

harv

I know TMZ must be mad as hell as they didnt get the photo of Whitney in the casket before the National Enqurier, in fact they havent mentioned it at all! So you know Harvey is beyound evil.

myopinion

You people making those nasty comment you are just commenting and you DO NOT know what happened, Whitney said bobby never beat her...She said he was afraid of HER and her family, so get your facts straight and stop putting lies out!!!!

RIP Whitney

Christy

And the church said "Amen"

Eve Ellis

Too much drama!!!!

FACT1

PASTOR MARVIN, LMFAO.
WE ALL KNOW TO WELL ABOUT BLACK JESUS.
"DO AS I PLEASE WHEN I PLEASE"
LOSERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NoDifferent

One of those Winans was also involved in some high level ponzi scheme in the Detroit area. The Winans make some great music with very ambiguous lyrics which could be interpreted as pop or gospel (for "crossover" $$, as Whitney). They need to just stick to that.

Luv

I believe their love was genuine. Abuse is not an act of love but doesn't mean he didn't love her. People are flawed. If you don't agree look at some of the above comments. She finally got out of the marriage and still loved him enough to maintain a friendship with him. There is so much more to people than what you see on tv. Bobby Brown is a human being too who has kids and family who love him. Whitney was a phenomenal woman who struggled with addiction. Addiction isn't who she was and while I can't change everyone's opinion I refuse to not do my part to honor her name and legacy. How about taking the time to find out who she was. Her struggles don't erase everything else. RIP Whitney.

M.T.

The Rev. is right about forgiving before it's too late, best thing I've heard all week...

Andy

The one that dressed up like a fake cardinal at WH service... cardinal complex?

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments