Weird Al Yankovic

The Best ... Or Worst

Super Bowl Halftime Idea Ever

2/24/2012 2:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

022212_altv
Weird Al Yankovic is suddenly the fan front-runner to perform next year's Super Bowl halftime show -- and everyone at TMZ is into the idea too!! Minus one major Grumpty Dumpty.

Check out TMZ on TV -- click here to see your local listings!

My Big Salami

Weird Al has awesome hair and he rocks!

Michael Jackson Was A Pedo

Weird Al is extremely talented, entertaining and funny. Hell, I'd actually pay attention to the half-time show if he were performing. It would be refreshing to see an artist perform that isn't lip-syncing their way through the half-time show for a change.

Tim

I've been to 3 super bowls. I saw Tom Petty, The Who and Madonna preform live during half time. Tom was decent The Who rocked it and Madonna was just sad. I'm going again next year and I cant think of a better act than Mr. Weird. At least the NFL can trust him not to pull a wardrobe malfunction or an obscene gesture. On top of that I cant think of someone who I would love to see live that I would never get the chance to do so outside of being at the Superbowl. I'm pullin for Al. Its highly doubtful but I'm pretty sure whoever they get wont be nearly as entertaining!!!!

Phreaky

I'm sorry, I like Weird Al, but this is a very bad idea.

donji

As another comment said weird Al is very talented, and will surprise many because hes an inovator!

campy

I don't understand him. -_-

Nicole

WEIRD AL YANKOVIC WOULD BE SO AWESOME! I would watch that! I love how he makes parodies of songs.

Bruce

The NFL doesn't pay Super Bowl halftime performers. They do it for the crazy amount of publicity.

maggi

i think next year super bowl halftime should be the Foo Fighters...having gone to a few concerts of them , i believe they easily can pull it off a pretty pretty nice show !!!! besides, they are awesome!!!

Hammer

Hell yea!! over that black eye peas garbage

FlamingoNut

A true entertainer; make it happen.

osteenq

One of the greatest, most underrated entertainers of our time. He'd sure as hell be a damned sight better than the crappy Black Eyed Peas.

self-employed

I went to see a Weird Al show and it was great. This guy is out there. His band is talented, the show was hilarious. Highly entertaining. Off the wall for sure. Would love to see him again.

EnosEugenius

If you've ever seen Al in concert, you know that the man is a phenomenal entertainer. He would be PERFECT for the Superbowl!

Toilethead

He couldn't do any worse than any of those other old dinosaurs they use.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments