Weird Al Yankovic

The Best ... Or Worst

Super Bowl Halftime Idea Ever

2/24/2012 2:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

022212_altv
Weird Al Yankovic is suddenly the fan front-runner to perform next year's Super Bowl halftime show -- and everyone at TMZ is into the idea too!! Minus one major Grumpty Dumpty.

Check out TMZ on TV -- click here to see your local listings!

Dan Frederiksen

I'm a fan of weird Al but isn't his comedy entirely too high brow for USA? particularly the demographic into knuckle dragging like 'foot''ball'.

Brian

Guaranteed he's one of the most universally enjoyed halftime shows in years. Not everyone would like him, but that wouldn't be anything new. I can't think of anyone I'd be more confident would put more thought and consideration into entertaining the crowd than showcasing himself. Time to start giving us entertainment rather than "acts"

Heather

I am 9 yrs old and would like to comment on something that was said on the Weird Al Yankovic show when they were talking about Black History Month. I was chosen by Carter G. Woodson who chose this month himself. I am doing on a report on this and thought you should know it was chosen by a black man and this is the man that started Black History Month. He chose this month because it was the birthday of two of his heroes. Frederick Douglass and Abraham Lincoln, both that fought against slavery. I am home sick today and was watching TMZ with my mom and she thought I should write in and let you no the history behind it.

the real diva

Wierd Al is awesome. he would make people want to watch the superbowl. he is funny and it would get people who don't watch the superbowl like me. and many others i know. to want to see the halftime show. as he would provide real entertainment. and their would be no controversy just alot of laughs and smiles.from everyone who watches him.

zoolady

I got to talk to Weird Al for the first time last month -- O-M-G, he is the. nicest. coolest. most well grounded. celeb. on. earth.

Everyones~A~Star

Unlike most "Entertainers" today...Al can actually sing! I dont watch football but I'd watch it for the halftime show if Al was on.

remy

the worst would be if miley performed. weird al would be great

LeslieB

The Super Bowl halftime show is all about entertainment, right? Weird Al is one helluva entertainer and would be an excellent halftime entertainer.

of course, the best halftime entertainment would be some kickass marching bands doing their thing.

The Neko Nation

Weird Al would be a welcome choice for the half time show. Madonna sucked this year and the Black eyed peas the year before were horrible.

Lucy

I WON'T WATCH IT!!!!
He's as weird as his songs!!! Dumb, dumb idea!!!!

paul eyring

best idea its about time we stop making the half time show a over blown musical number for people that do not care at all about footballp

manbearpig

weird al would indeed be awesome!
i would actually watch the show.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2