'Seinfeld'

Should TBS Have Pulled

Suicide Episode?

2/26/2012 3:02 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0226_seinfeld
Almost a week after "Seinfeld" star Daniel Von Bargen attempted suicide by shooting himself in the head, an episode of the show entitled "The Suicide" -- during which Jerry Seinfeld jokes about people who try and commit suicide, but fail (see above) -- aired on TBS.

The episode originally aired in 1992 and Von Bargen, who played Mr. Kruger, didn't begin his stint on the show until years later. The episode aired again last night. TBS had no comment.

So we gotta ask ...

kinm

overly sensitive, nobody thought of the incident until you guys brought it up

Celebrities Suck

one if the best tv sitcoms ever! I still watch the reruns. This show represents what New York City friends are about... You can visit a friends house/apartment and feel at home. This is exactly how NY friend are...Why should this episode be pulled if this show has been around since 1989. It's pathetic how everything is scrutinize because of peoples decisions. If that's the case thn they need to keep a close eye on glee, that show represents a lot of things that many don't agree on... Just saying!

Celebrities Suck

one of the best tv sitcoms ever! I still watch the reruns. This show represents what New York City friends are about... You can visit a friends house/apartment and feel at home. This is exactly how NY friend are...Why should this episode be pulled if this show has been around since 1989. It's pathetic how everything is scrutinize because of peoples decisions. If that's the case thn they need to keep a close eye on glee, that show represents a lot of things that many don't agree on... Just saying!

NobodySpecial

Remember after 9/11 they pulled the Simpsons episode "The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson" because it showed the WTC towers ? It took a while to bring it back and people were pissed because they were being treated like children and not being allowed to deal with it. So let the shows go on if they are in syndication. Life happens.

Fat Mike

28% - 72%.
Yet again, your attempt at creating a controversy have failed.

peoplearesilly

BIG FRICKING DEAL. STFU ABOUT NOTHING THAT MATTERS.

TruthFull2000

I can see why it would rub people the wrong way.

RachesRules

This story is SO STUPID!! How about the episode where the Cubans hijacked the plane at the end? Should they stop playing that too? Or the one with JFK Jr.? Or the one with Terry Hatcher back when she had natural breasts? Or the one with Fred Savage? Oh wait, he's still alive, isn't he?

Joao

Jerry Seinfeld is not funny, the show was never funny. The Hype Machine would have you [the initiated] believe his show was the greatest things since "I Love Lucy." It's not. I think the Jerry Seinfeld Is Funny Kool-Aid was papaya flavored. I wouldn't know, I stayed the hell away from it after I saw people laughing when they watched that show.

judy jetson

Why not show it? Is it worse than releasing a 911 call of someone who's attempted suicide who thinks they can't open their eyes when it's more likely they've shot through the optic nerve?

tellmeaboutit

The wonderful actor Daniel Von Bargen would be the last to object to showing the episode. Grow up, tmz.

bunny

No, it's too funny to pull... and true

Silverado Mom

I respect and support their decision. Although I don't think anyone would've noticed if you didn't bring it up. But if I was a network exec and had to make this decision, I suppose it's better safe than sorry. I think it was nice of them to be sensitive to a serious situation. How is he doing? Need an update TMZ!

Max

Stephen Kings "Thinner" was just on AMC and DAniel Von Bargen actually did commit suicide in the film. Too soon.

joecrabs

I whacked it today, do you think they should never re-air "the contest"? Quit being so damm sensitive.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments