« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Packers Star Donald Driver

I'm Busting My Ass

For 'Dancing with the Stars'

3/4/2012 5:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0302_donald_driver_EX_01
Four-time Pro Bowler and children's author Donald Driver isn't taking "Dancing with the Stars" lightly -- sources tell TMZ, the Green Bay wide receiver is working himself to the BONE to crush the competition.

According to sources, Donald's been working non-stop -- practicing with his partner for 5 hours at a time ... then going home and studying dance moves on YouTube.

We're told Donald pays especially close attention to the male pros -- intently studying their moves and their footwork ... just like a football player would study tapes of old games.

According to sources, Donald's goal is to dance at the pro level -- not just the "celebrity" level.

We're told Donald is so focused on being at the top of his game -- he's even keeping his pro partner Peta Murgatroyd on a strict diet.

As one "Dancing" source put it ... "Donald's work ethic is INSANE!"

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Canadasux

Go! Donald! YOU CAN DO IT! 'With you all the way! Packer fan 'til I die! GO PACK!

serafina

He'll have to make up for the lousy partner he got. I wish he had gotten Kym Johnson.

Joan K

I don't watch DWTSs but I hope Donald wins it all, we are die hard Packer fans and he is the best.

Boondoggle

I admire his work ethic, sure, but practicing solidly for 5 hours a day is pretty much standard for the celebrities who sign up for DWTS. In fact, some do 8 hours some days. Very rarely do you get some who practice much less than that (Adam Carolla, Kenny Mayne, Master P, etc).
They also don't practice in a setting where he'd be watching male pros dance. They have their own mini-studio rooms, one couple in one room. Perhaps he's watching video of them from the show?

Nostradamus

He's gotta be the favorite, if not I'm betting him.

StevenB

Donald Driver -- everything a pro athlete should be, but so few are. They don't come classier than Donald.

Cheri

Donald, as a die hard Packer fan for 45 years, I am so proud of you. You have my votes for the season. GO DONALD GO!!!

blueyes

I'm not surprised by this. Donald has always had a great work ethic. You should see him on the practice field. I hope he goes all the way.

wonkers

Donald Driver is one of those true men of character in the NFL. A good man.

billyRayBob

Same work ethic that took him from a 7th round draft pick to the holder of many all time Packers franchise records

Leigh Ann Cleland

[to the tune of Maroon 5 "Moves Like Jagger"]

I got the moves like Driver...I got the moves like Driver... I got the moo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oooves like Driver!

Marlene Bassett

I think that Donald Driver is getting screwed, He is a FANTASTIC dancer. He is light on his feet and moves on his feet gracefully, Unlike half of them that run across the floor and throw their legs up in the air, that is not dancing. I think you guys are being very hard on Donald and not giving him the score he well deserves.