Rush Limbaugh

More Sponsors Running for Hills

After 'Slut' Statement

3/5/2012 11:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Rush Limbaugh is STILL hemorrhaging advertiser
Rush Limbaugh is STILL hemorrhaging advertisers -- several days after calling a Georgetown student a "slut" for asking the University for free birth control ... bringing his grand total to NINE lost sponsors.

Two sponsors -- Tax Resolution and AOL -- pulled their ads from his radio show today, following the mass exodus of advertisers like ProFlowers, LegalZoom and Citrix Systems over the weekend.

As for the other advertisers that have jumped ship -- bedding companies Sleep Train and Sleep Number, plus Quicken Loans and the Cleveland Cavaliers basketball team.

Rush made the "slut" comment on the airwaves last week -- also calling student Sandra Fluke a "prostitute," after the Georgetown Law student testified before the House of Representatives on why birth control should be made freely available.

Rush offered a weak apology on Saturday -- claiming, "For over 20 years, I have illustrated the absurd with absurdity, three hours a day, five days a week. In this instance, I chose the wrong words in my analogy of the situation. I did not mean a personal attack on Ms. Fluke."

So far, looks like his advertisers aren't buying it.

update_bar
3/6/12 -- Just one day later, 24 additional sponsors have hit the "eject" button -- bringing the total to 33.

vern dufford

This young student Sandra as I have observed in various interviews is really interesting and so well spoken. My hope is something good will come to her. And every thing she gains Rush loses and he slips into well deserved infamy.

j

This similiar to the Planned Parenthood Susan Kommen thing...once Conservatives start to yell to the stupid ad pullers as the liberals yelled....they will all come back to Rush or the advertisers will just lose customers...Rush will pick up more advertisers and keep the listeners and gain more ...Conservatives listened to the whole point he was making...and got it...Liberals got his message too...they are just big cry babies when they get slammed in a way that all understand....really...$3000.00 for birth control she said under oath ...where is there time to study? Each time you have sex..buy a condom yourself..NOT US the taxpayers have to pay for your $3000.00 dollar school sex-fun-run...How much sex do you have to have on taxpayers dime in college?

Rushs point if you take...the point...is and was totally valid...the left uses this kind of description all the time...cursing and vulgarity...you all love the Bill Maher type comments...but when Rush delivers the message the way you all get it...WAAAAHHHHH...stop it hurts to much...yeah... right... liberal babies...dish it, but can't take it.

Rush is genius for getting you all over this issue. Now the whole country can really see the argument and point!

Pay for your own sex and recreation on your own dime...not in healthcare or with any tax dollars.

Get wise and hear her testimony and his entire rant and put two and two together you dummies.

Why does everything have to be given freely to you? How about giving away gym memberships in college so you stay fit, that is a health issue. Dumb right?

__________

Just My Thoughts

Whether it's Rush Limbaugh, Kirk Cameron, Michael Moore, or Keith Olbermann, I believe in Free Speech. Especially when it's unpopular.

Tammy

While I do not konw if this girl fits the definition of a $lut, I do know nothing is free. There will be payment made to the drug companies b/c they will not be giving them away for free. If the University is obligated to give seeminly free birth control, I'm sure the price they pay to the drug companies will be reflected in increased tution and I can see some men objecting to their tution increasing.

Vicky

He's not going anywhere liberals. Sorry, but you really think that there aren't going to be tons of companies stepping up to take the place of those that pulled out? Please. Plus he has the biggest sponser of them all on his side; Clear Channel Radio Network. He has 15 million listeners that adore him. He's going to around for a while. Good try guys!

Mikey

I would think the "Sleep Train" would benefit from talk about sluts and prostitutes. As in "she pulled a sleep train".

The Cleveland Cavaliers should be spending money on players not radio commercials.

thomas

He fully meant it as an open vicious attack on a law student who happened to be a woman. He has no dignity and no responsible advertiser will advertise on his show.

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

She asked for free birth control? Did she really? Or is that just what you heard?

Because what I heard was that she asked for the insurance that SHE PAID FOR to cover contraceptives.

Rico

Holy Smokes! I didn't know he had that many well known corporate sponsors. I'm going to evaluate where I spend my money.

Bob

You guys are all idiots and mindless sheep! So you want to retire, will the government controls and pissed away your social security. You want to take a vacation? Well the government molests you in the airport. You want to buy a car? The government now owns the car industry. Your sick and need to go to the doctor? Well the government will soon run that too. Now the government wants to control your sexual privacy. Hey liberals and americans, wake the **** up! The government is taking over everything and want you cy-borb robots to suck from their titty. There will be a day when the house of cards falls and those relying on the government for entitlements will be taken to the streets finaly! Maybe by than they'll wakeup, but I doubt it!

Umm ok...

Limbaugh's comment was rude & he has apologized, but he's a radio show host who has said these kind of things for years, it's nothing new. Howard Stern as well as other radio people make rude, ignorant comments on a regular basis as well. Some people choose to listen and some don't. It's shock jock radio, people expect them to say these things to try to drum up ratings. As for Fluke, when did birth control become an unexpected expense that wrecked womens lives? I've never heard someone say "I was gonna go to college or hold a regular job, but I couldn't because I needed to buy birth control." This is a girl who elected to attend a Catholic University and then decided one day to be completely offended by Catholic values & well known beliefs? Ok, whatever. There are free clinics & programs already designed to help with this need anyways. In my opinion, they both sound ridiculous and any companies that supported everything he said until last week are only going to end up cutting their customer base in half.

Ratings Needed

Why is it that Bill Maher can get away with calling women vile names...double standard. If you don't like him, don't watch him...if you don't like Rush don't listen to him. To wish someone dead throws KARMA BACK TO YOU!!!

Nicee

Left loonies had better check out this gal Fluke.She has lied about just about everything including her age.She is afront for Obama admin. Odd they send squaw to do braves work!!!!!!!

barb

Thank you, TMZ. Keep listing the sponsors that dropped Rush for exercising his First Amendment right to free speech. I have no problem spending my money elsewhere.

Mikey

Sandra Fluke's a 30 years old student who's spending $24,000 per semester for tuition and another $7000 for housing. And she's complaining about not get free birth control? Sound bogus.

You can get birth control at walmart for $9 per month.