« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

WWE Star

My Unborn Baby

Did Not Survive the Birth

3/7/2012 12:50 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

WWE star Kia Stevens
WWE star Kia "Kharma" Stevens did not deliver a healthy baby boy on December 31st, despite what she told friends. Kia tells TMZ the child tragically died before she was able to give birth.

Kia tells us she is still devastated over the loss ... and initially lied to friends about the child being "healthy" because she was incredibly emotional and was afraid to tell the public the truth after announcing her pregnancy on live TV.

Kia says she's finally coming to grips with everything ... and wants to help other women in her situation.

"I am planning to start a foundation for women that have experienced the same thing" ... Kia says ... adding, "It's a bigger club than people think."

Kia tells us she's already organizing several events to raise awareness ... and will have information about her foundation available on her Twitter page in the near future.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

small asian penis

Anything to promote....

StarFleetVeteran

Oh no! I feel so bad for her!

Addie

I am so very very sorry for your loss. I have been in the same situation myself. My daughter would be 12 this month. My heart goes out to you during this very difficult time. You may not want to hear it now but time will heal but the memory will never ever fade.

Jberry

That is so sad :(. I lost 3 babies when me and my husband were trying, that is the worst feeling in the world and a pain that never goes away. Maybe she lied about the baby being healthy so she could actually grieve the loss of her child without having to see it all over the media.

RH

It's very easy to pass judgment on a subject when you don't personally have experience in it. Having last my own child at 32 weeks, it is heartbreaking in the worst way. My foundation is www.haydenshelpinghands.com www.facebook.com/haydenshelpinghands

noname

There already IS a foundation for still born children as well as numerous web sites to share your story and grief with. Missing Angel Foundation is one of them: http://missingangel.org/

I am me bitchez

This is sad but hopefully something good can come of this with the foundation she is setting up.

pretty24girlroc

I feel so sorry for here she lost her first child no wonder she hasn't been wrestling for awhile awesome kong is such a good wrestler and person i know its hard for her but god will get her though this tough situation

Cricket

Sorry for your loss Kia. I admire her for starting something positive out of tragedy. Best wishes.

vicki young

I lost my son in childbirth on November 19th 1997. The pain never goes away. I don't think anyone really understands how we over-think our every move during pregnancy, trying to understand why. These things just happen. They happen to other animals and they happen to us. I was an entertainer at the time also, and everyone thought I had a child. All the trade mags. reported it, all my friends and work associates thought so too. It is hard to tell people such overwhelmingly sad news.

Nneka Hall

I can not believe some of the comments I have read! I am the mother of a beautiful healthy baby girl who was stillborn at 37 weeks on my 37th birthday, August 27, 2010. My heart broke but was ****tered by the ignorance I endured afterwards from "normal" people. My daughter died as the result of a med increase that my cardiologist prescribed on August 25th and after 2 doses of what I was told was "perfectly safe" at a routine visit, I heard the words "I'm sorry there's no heartbeat".

In the 18 months it has been since Annaya's Heaven Birth I have encountered so much ignorance and it both angers and saddens me to see how closed minded people are... until it happens to you... you do not have the right to judge. Honestly, you do not have the right to judge others anyway.

Ms. Stevens, my heart aches for and with you. There are several organizations that you might want to become involved with rather than starting a new one. If you are on Facebook, I would love for you to join our Minority Families of Pregnancy and Infant Loss page.

I am sorry for your loss.

Unity is what we need in order to eradicate this growing epidemic.

EatMe

How is losing a child in a grossly overpopulated world a 'tragedy'? Women around the world lose millions of babies all the time. Its a part of nature. Get over your whiny self and adopt some kittens.

sandra keith

am so sorry kia to here of your loss my dear-you are a sweet and intelligent soul and will make a good mother-we need more women like you!1 godspeed 2 ya!!!! sandra

annaob

this happened to a friend of mine. she was carrying her baby and went to a regular pregnancy appointment in her 6 or 7th month. they couldn't find a heart beat, did a ultrasound;asked her when the last tie she felt it moved. she said she had felt it move that very day. they told her through the ultrasound that it appeared the baby had died within her about a week prior because he was a bit swolen. she couldn't believe it because she insisted she had felt movement. the body then goes into labor onn it's own because somehow it knows there is a dead baby and the uterus exspels it. she actually had to go into labor and deliver a known still born baby. she and her husband had tried about 8 years to get pregnant, and this is what happened to her,.... i felt real bad and guilty because i she and i were pregnant together, although i was about 4 months ahead of her........ it was really sad.... nothing fishy about it.......

Rakeem

I dont think Kia Stevens will have any babys she need a tube check up.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments