'Alcatraz' Star

DON'T CANCEL OUR SHOW

(We're Huge on DVR!)

3/27/2012 4:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0_kvnum5xa_0_ilr99xrd
It seems the show "Alcatraz" is destined for that long, inevitable walk to the execution chamber ... but one of the main stars tells TMZ ... the series is just too young to die!

Jonny Coyne -- the guy who plays Warden James on the show -- was grubbin' at the delicious Wood Ranch Grill in LA today -- when we informed him about the less-than-stellar ratings for last night's season finale.

Coyne tells us ... despite the numbers, the show is great ... and it would be "a shame" if it went to the chopping block ... especially because it allegedly does GREAT with people who own DVRs.

But the most shocking part ... dude has a serious accent -- who knew?

Ann

I DVR it. I like the show

Be a little inappropriate~

The Nielsen rating system is so out dated and needs to die. A huge portion of people don't even watch live tv anymore they either DVR it or find a stream of it online.

Marilyn

I DVR it too!!!!!
I like it very much too but I'm an idiot for understanding TV shows. Did the blonde granddaughter of Tommy Madsen really die? Did they kill her off?

Ace

Watched the 1st show and some of the 2nd....couldn't get into it.

Tigers Wood

Yeah, they need a new rating system. They must be using the same one that told them the original Star Trek was a flop.
I watch the show streaming online. To much mystery surrounding Alcatraz. I started watching it when I heard people were sneaking off the tours to find the secret HQ.

Abe

"Alcatraz" isn't big on my DVR. The show sucks. I hope Fox cancels it and puts on something that isn't a piece of crap.

x

Ryley

We LOVE this show at our house!!! Would be SO bummed if it got cancelled!!!

LaPhotographer

Alcatraz is a great show.I would be ****ing pissed off if they took it off.

dawn57hy@gmail.com

I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!!!! I watch it in "real time"!!! Please don't cancel it!!!!!!!!

Rachael

We love this show too, watch every episode! I DVR'd it last night and then watched it later because I want to watch it again, sometimes you miss important stuff the first time. This is a good show, much better than some of the other crap that seems to go on forever.

stella

i will be so pissed if they cancel it without a proper ending. any of these episodic shows - the network is asking you to invest 20 hours of your time on a movie in GOOD FAITH, and then they decide "FU loyal audience - we changed our mind - there is NO ENDING!!!"

Dian

Every time there is a great show on TV they cancel it. When will they stop? Gee. Just because a ratings error occurred? I will can my cable soon, if this continues.

CATHY

LOVE THE SHOW AND JONNY

rebelle

i love the show. i wanna know where they take it and it would be a shame for another interesting scifi style show go under because execs are stupid and the ratings system is older than dirt

dudley

I love this show. I've watched every episode. I don't know who does the ratings but I know of many people that loooove this show. It was on an hour earlier yesterday because there were two shows in a row shown on tv. I have watched it on demand when I haven't been home. The granddaughter is shown at the end of the show as dead but I bet the decide to give her one more try and she get a heartbeat. But who knows, she may die anyway if those dumb execs cancel this show.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments