'Alcatraz' Star

DON'T CANCEL OUR SHOW

(We're Huge on DVR!)

3/27/2012 4:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0_kvnum5xa_0_ilr99xrd
It seems the show "Alcatraz" is destined for that long, inevitable walk to the execution chamber ... but one of the main stars tells TMZ ... the series is just too young to die!

Jonny Coyne -- the guy who plays Warden James on the show -- was grubbin' at the delicious Wood Ranch Grill in LA today -- when we informed him about the less-than-stellar ratings for last night's season finale.

Coyne tells us ... despite the numbers, the show is great ... and it would be "a shame" if it went to the chopping block ... especially because it allegedly does GREAT with people who own DVRs.

But the most shocking part ... dude has a serious accent -- who knew?

infohollywood

I love the show. I can see Alcatraz from my porch.

KnuckleDragger

Watched the first show...couldn't get into it. Watched the season finale last night until 9 PM...then switched to Being Human. The show just doesn't interest me...and I was born and raised in San Francisco.

peoplearesilly

Too many dumb ass idiots watching stupid reality on a regular basis. No good TV programming for the smart people in the world.

jordii

I tried to see if you can contact FOX by email but you can't do that.

I hope they don't cancel. It's a good show.

Jenny

Please don't cancel it, we watch it on Hulu and we love it!!

michele

We love this show- and we dvr it as well- so tired of all the crappy tv.. leave something on for the rest of us!!

KGD

I Love Alcatraz! I tape it every week.

gimmeshelter

Alcatraz is such a GREAT show!!! Axe the Kardashians, keep Alcatraz, please!

alice

We are from Aus and love this show, watch it every week. We are only one season 1 and dont know where they are up to with filming but we soooo dont want it axed.

Curtiss

This is the best show on TV. It's like the new X-Files kinda. If they take it off I'm gonna be pissed

kelsey

We DVR it but not by choice. We DVR House, and it automatically records Alcatraz too.

Marilyn

Plus this last episode had a really good San Francisco
car chase too.

Realist

Hint: Nielsen Ratings are as antiquated as the cotton gin and slavery. Let it go. Stop canceling good shows to make room for more reality stupidity. I've already had to endure many shows being axed to make room for the American Idol debacle that still exists and that no one really cares about anymore. Let it go. This show is awesome.

Lo From Wisco

I haven't watched the show, but I love Sam Neill. I'd start watching just for him. I agree with the others, it's way too soon to pull a show off the air. Change the rating system.

dmurphy229

This show is great! FOX is known for axing good shows. Let it play out....

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments