« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

I Can't Pay My Child Support Bill

... Because I'm BROKE

3/27/2012 9:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0327_dennis_rodman_BN_01

update_bar
2:18 PM PDT --
Rodman's rep tells TMZ ... the "sick" comment was a reference to the NBA legend's ongoing struggle with alcoholism.

The rep notes ... Dennis visited a doctor a few months ago and he's in "great physical shape."

0314_divider_graphic
Dennis Rodman
can't afford to pay more than $800,000 in back child support ... because he's dead ass broke -- this according to new court documents.

Dennis' estranged wife Michelle Rodman filed new papers this month, claiming The Worm owes $808,935 in unpaid child support for his 9- and 10-year-old children -- and an additional $51,441 in unpaid spousal support.

But Dennis' attorney responded to the filing, insisting there's no way the Chicago Bulls legend can pay those bills -- because "Respondent Dennis Rodman is broke and cannot afford any additional fees."

According to his lawyer, Dennis is also "extremely sick" and just isn't making the same bank he made back in his heyday. The lawyer does not specify the nature of Rodman's illness.

According to Dennis' lawyer, the giant child support figure is based on an order Michelle obtained a while ago behind his back -- requiring Rodman to pay $50,000 a month in child support ... an order Dennis has been fighting since 2010.

Dennis' lawyer insists the monthly amount is "unjustified" because it isn't based on Dennis' actual income ... it's based on ludicrous estimates made by Michelle's attorney.

51-year-old Rodman is due in court today for a contempt hearing -- stemming from the child support bill -- and he could be sentenced to 20 days in jail for failure to make payments.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

angel

thats interesting considering he was on the victory casino boat in fl last month spending alot of money gambling. i was there!

brent

he probably has some awful STD. that's why he's sick.

loser

god bless america!

Travis Johnson

I ran in to Rodman in Miami about a month ago inside of a beach side club he had a brand new never before seen sports car parked outside.

FletchGuy

No woman needs $50grand a month in child support not one not none. A single dad either. Thats more the families with multiple kids klive off for a year.

DetroitRocks

The fact that he has lived this long is a miracle. Probably has Hepatitis or worse

Sheila

That is Crap!!! I have joint custody of my daughter, I pay $100 a week child support, I am head coach of her softball team... I don't make near what he does but my child support gets paid!!!! She is MINE! I love her and so does her dad!!! period, when it comes to your kids, you do whats right!!!

Aisha Jackson

Somebody call Dr Drew! He is so sick and pathetic!
Who didnt see this comimg? Its sad! He shouldnt have fathered any children is true! But he did! He is tragedy!

AnnaR

If you men/boys cannot keep it in your pants, then I suggest a vasectomy is in order. Put a few samples away for storage until the day you are mature and responsible enough to support your family. Having children does not make you a man. I get so angry when I read these stories, not just at the men who do not pay, but the women who demand outrageous amounts for child support. There has to be a reasonable settlement. Come on people.

tkl0377

bitch needs a job.

kami

Than get a dang job, anywhere, doing anything!!! I bet your eating high and mighty, support your kids!!!

robyn williams

he has hepatitis c... smh..

Mike Sarasota

Lets look at this the other way, another woman wanting a giant un-justified payday...

I am tired of hearing about woman seeking support not based on reality and in this case filed based on what?? her attorneys falsified income for Dennis!!!

If he has no income she gets zero support...

What did she do with the support and property division when he was rich????

Julez

Whats funny is the amount she get for two kids whole families don't get that in a year. I really think there is something wrong with the whole system that someone could justify that type of monthly support. If anyone here can tell me what they could possibly spent $50,000 a month on I would love to hear it! I would also like to know how much she make a her job if she has one. Some of these women target the ball players never expecting that the high life usually always comes to an end after their career is up the ball players probably should be more careful with their money so that can pay a RESPONSIBLE monthly payment not $50,000 a month for two kids.

The Loo

Fifty thousand a month in child support? Behind his back, no less? Not surprised... she is vile and deserves nothing. Support your kids, Dennis... throw her a bone. She'll take it, most likely.