Chris Klein

Booze Almost Killed Me

3/28/2012 4:09 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0328_chris_klein_bn_tmz_alcohol
American Pie’ actor Chris Klein says he had such a terrible problem with alcohol ... it nearly killed him.

TMZ broke the story ... Klein was arrested in 2010 for driving on an L.A. freeway with an EXTREMELY high blood-alcohol level ... and checked into rehab shortly after the bust.

Now, Klein is telling People.com ... if he didn't get help, "I would have died, and I think about that every single day.”

Klein says his drinking "got to the point where I was a fragile shadow of the young man that came into this business. Today, I'm the luckiest guy alive”

namers

Good for him. Bobby?

Kelly

His daughter is Suri is beautiful.

Truth

No 1 curr!!! NEXT.

jeff

I don't like or dislike Chris, but I did feel sorry for him when everybody(including him)found out his recent ex-girlfriend had now moved on and was now f ck ng Tom Cruise. That would suck for ANY guy. Hope the new Pie movie puts him back in the spotlight and kills at the box office.(it will)

PatTheCat215

suck me beautiful

lookItsMegRyan

Being super good looking can drive you to alcoholism, trust me.

sPaNkdEnALgAs

Is that why Katie Holmes called it quits on their relationship?

Sin D

Good man ! Nobody but yourself will help you. We have had enough celebrity deaths in the past few years...our demons are conqured only from within...

Straight Talkin Texan

Good for him. He mentions, "I would have died, and I think about that every single day.” He should also think about the people he could have killed after drinking and driving.

PM61

I'm glad Chris Klein got help. It would be a shame if Suri never got to know her real father.

janet

Who?

Throwback kid

Chris Llein, your acting almost killed me! He must have gone to the same acting school as Richard Greico

H.T

How come all of these has beens come out with some story about being a addict? Their time has come and gone,now go away...and take Lindsey Hohan with you!

mousetrap

Booze is without a doubt the most dangerous drug out there. I have done heroin, coke, etc, and I can tell you alcohol is most definitely the most dangerous. I have experienced heroine and cocaine withdrawal, but it can not compare to alcohol withdrawal. Alcohol has a very extended physical addiction threshold, and cocaine and opiates have a very short one. So you most definitely will get addicted to opiates and coke much quicker than alcohol. But once you get physically addicted to alcohol, you got big problems. The problem with alcohol is that it is a central nervous system depressant. It is a neurological, respiratory, depressant. And once you go off it, watch out.

MP

I think it's great he's speaking out about his issues. I know he's worked pretty steadily over the years, but I hope he has a real "hot" career resurgence at some point, similar to Mark Paul Gosselaar and James Van Der Beek. I think you appreciate more the second go around. As for the Suri Cruise stuff...I've always thought Suri looks like Tom's cousin William Mapother, not Chris Klein.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments