Keith Olbermann

FIRED from Current TV --

Replaced By Elliot Spitzer

3/30/2012 2:18 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Keith Olbermann is officially unemployed ... again.
Keith Olbermann is officially unemployed ... again ... cause the political host has just been FIRED from his gig on Al Gore's Current TV network.

Olbermann had been hosting "Countdown" on Current TV since June ... right after he got the chop over at MSNBC.

Now, it seems he's once again pissed off his employer ... 'cause Al Gore just released a statement in which he explains, "[Current TV] was founded on the values of respect, openness, collegiality, and loyalty to our viewers. Unfortunately these values are no longer reflected in our relationship with Keith Olbermann and we have ended it."

Olbermann's show will be replaced by “Viewpoint with Eliot Spitzer” ... featuring the politician who resigned from office in the wake of a sex scandal.

Holly Wilson

I'm really surprised he was fired. According to the Daily Rash, he just finished taping the first interview with Casey Anthony. I would think Current TV would take advantage of that. http://www.thedailyrash.com/keith-olbermann-lands-first-interview-with-casey-anthony

barkway

Spitzer? Who wants to watch that boring piece of dry toast? Snore.

K-Dog

Could n't have happened to a nicer *******.

Cheryl A.

Elliot Spitzer is a freakin' PERV !!

Irony Tag

Nothing says 'credibility' like Eliot Spitzer.

Jack

Keith is now free to do a new show. How about one with Rosie and they can debate who's the bigger a-hole. "I am," "no, I am."

Greygoose125

This guy must be a real tool to deal with - getting fired again??!! There's always CNN - since they seem to employ many knuckleheads.

Maverick

Not surprised. I used to like Olbermann in MSNBC, but something changed. Never cared for him on Current and rarely, if ever, watched.

Who knows what the problem is, but I will definitely watch Eliot Spitzer tonight.

Jim in Cali

LOL. Its so funny when liberals fight themselves.

gimmeshelter

ahhh, some GOOD news for once. olbermann was a sportcaster on ESPN then a fkn lunatic everywhere else and lies about having gone to Cornell--total bs. what a tool..and, yes, couldn't happen to a nicer (i'll bleep this myself) *****

Everyones~A~Star

nobody gives a **** about nor wants to see more of this douchebag. Hollywood you have lost your touch. No wonder my teenagers prefer foriegn entertianment tv/music ect. Tv execs suck if they think we want to watch that douchebag.

tomcruiseisNUTs

OK...LET ME PROCESS THIS, Keith Olbermann was fired and replaced with a "JOHN"- aka ELLIOT SPITZER, dude was living a double life, purchasing high (no)class whores while he was GOVERNOR of NY...YEAH ok, i will make a mental note NOT to watch that program. hope it tank!!!!!!

Pookie

So they hired Elliot Spitzer to improve their credibility and openness?? Right. O_o

Jeff

Al Gore has a tv channel? I totally forgot about Keith... Wow what channel was this, something like 2078. I never got that high into my cable channels to find this. Oh well, an ass fires an ass. I'm good with that.

jona