Tyler Perry

Cops Launch Investigation

into Allegedly Racist Traffic Stop

4/5/2012 10:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

Tyler Perry presents ... a possibly racist incident with police in Atlanta.
Tyler Perry presents ... a possibly racist incident with police in Atlanta.

The Atlanta Police Department says it's launched an internal investigation .... after Perry publicly accused two officers of racially profiling him during a traffic stop earlier this week.

Perry says he was leaving his ATL studio ... when he made a left turn from the right lane to ensure he wasn't being followed. Tyler explains, "It’s a safety precaution that my security team taught me."

But Tyler was pulled over by police for the illegal turn ... and claims he was harassed by two "hostile" white officers until a black cop arrived to the scene and recognized him.

On his Facebook page, Perry says the black cop "immediately took both officers to the back of my car and spoke to them in a hushed tone. After that, one of the officers stayed near his car while one came back, very apologetic. I said all of that to say this: do you see how quickly this could have turned for the worse?"

Tyler then wrote, "RACIAL PROFILING SHOULD BE A HATE CRIME INVESTIGATED BY THE FBI!!!"

For the record -- Tyler Perry did NOT get a ticket.

Reps for the ATL PD say it's looking into "whether any departmental policies or procedures were violated during the stop.”

1128_cop_encounters_footer

SAM

get over yourself, you are not that important!...

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

What the cops need to do is mail that effin ticket for making that illegal left turn right in front of them. Then they can do the effin internal investigation.

TMP

I am half black (in other words NOT RACIST)... Tyler Perry (based on his movies, the interviews I've watched and the messages he sends out) sounds a little on the racist side himself. I mean, I'm sorry, but he made an illegal turn out of his studio... who did he think was following him out of the parking lot of his own studio? He did something illegal and pulled the "race card" when he got pulled over. Seriously.. people are starting to take this "race issue" way too far... and I say "race issue" in quote because 9 times out of 10 the issue has nothing to do with race. It's a easy way to place blame or the media creates something out of nothing.

Slick

So, make an illegal turn, don't roll down the window when the police ask you to and get a break from a fellow black person. Yes, that's racist, and I hope the black officer is fired for it.

OhWowLike

Wow, he did not get ticketed AND he gets an internal investigation? What they head of the ATL PD should be investigating is why he did not get ticketed. What a joke!

Montezuma

Mr. Perry admitted to committing a criminal act, and he is claiming that he was"profiled", due to the color of his skin? No, you idiot, you were profiled for committing a criminal violation. What is it with "stars" expecting preferential treatment?

There should be an investigation into why a black officer did not pyrite Mr. Perry for the violation. Afterwards, Mr. Perry needs to be writtien for every violation that occurred, prior to the stop.

msroncon

HE GOT A BREAK BECAUSE HE WAS BLACK!!! Funny how he doesn't see that side of the situation. It's only when he doesn't like it, or breaks the law, he is racially profiled. Oh, but favoritism because he is black, that's ok??!!

John Freiheit

Actor Tyler Perry Racially Profiled While Robbing A Bank

Giggles

Got a couple of tips... help you guys stay out of jail. One: try your hardest to not be Black or Hispanic.

eddyjames

I think I was racially profiled against when I got a parking ticket.Thanks a lot Obama,now every bad driving fool on the road can claimed to be racially profiled against and get out of a ticket.

dean

quote "departmental policies or procedures were violated during the stop" ,,,,,was they didn't give him a ticket who cares why he did the turn it was wrong and people could get killed because of his driving his body guard could tell him the sky is black the dmv says its wrong and you get a ticket? a law should be enacted if people lie about racism because this is clearly a lie also if people lie to the news clamming racism should be a law when its proven wrong the city should sue him because of his lies and the officer should because he has to be a witness in other crimes and the defense could bring this up in court

Crispin

Everybody says there is this RACE problem. Everybody says this RACE problem will be solved when the third world pours into EVERY white country and ONLY into white countries.
The Netherlands and Belgium are just as crowded as Japan or Taiwan, but nobody says Japan or Taiwan will solve this RACE problem by bringing in millions of third worlders and quote assimilating unquote with them.
Everybody says the final solution to this RACE problem is for EVERY white country and ONLY white countries to “assimilate,” i.e., intermarry, with all those non-whites.
What if I said there was this RACE problem and this RACE problem would be solved only if hundreds of millions of non-blacks were brought into EVERY black country and ONLY into black countries?
How long would it take anyone to realise I’m not talking about a RACE problem. I am talking about the final solution to the BLACK problem?
And how long would it take any sane black man to notice this and what kind of psycho black man wouldn’t object to this?
But if I tell that obvious truth about the ongoing program of genocide against my race, the white race, Liberals and respectable conservatives agree that I am a naziwhowantstokillsixmillionjews.
They say they are anti-racist. What they are is anti-white.
Anti-racist is a code word for anti-white.

Ashleyama06

My mom got pulled over and given a ticket for the same thing and she is white...geeesh!

Paul

Um, let's see. It's late, it's dark, he comes out of the parking structure, his windows are tinted, and......oh yeah, he was profiled. [rolls eyes]

Get over your rich ass self, Tyler.

Deborah Richardson

Blacks will use racism to try and get out of any trouble or wrong that they do. Like always, they scream racism. My black husbands agrees with me.