John Travolta

I Wasn't Really Attached to

My STOLEN $100k Mercedes

4/9/2012 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0409_travolta_videoJohn Travolta says he wasn't too traumatized when some crook stole -- and then chopped up -- his rare 1970 Mercedes-Benz 280 SL ... telling us, "I'm not that attached to material stuff."

Translation: I can buy another one.

Travolta and his wife Kelly Preston were leaving dinner at Katsu-Ya in Brentwood this weekend when we asked about the ill-fated vintage car ... which was stolen last year while the actor was car shopping for Jaguars in Santa Monica.

Cops eventually tracked the car down to a nearby chop shop ... where it had already been stripped for parts. The two guys behind the auto-theft -- Michael Green and D.L. Rayford ... both confessed and were sentenced to prison time.

Travolta says the whole ordeal was "terrible" -- but fortunately, he's got more cars ... including the classic Jaguar the couple zipped off in that night.

Butters_Creamy_Goo

First Beotch

Stiletto

Harvey, get to work on some night vision cameras and the software to enhance them to normal viewing in the editing process. Gosh, I think Celebs would love talking to paps if they weren't being blinded like a deer in the headlights all the time.

Eb

Translation:this family actually knows what it means to lose something important. Who gives a crap about a car? You suck tmz.

Jackie

OFC...He's not attached to material things. You should have asked him how's doing after the strategy of his son... than asking dumb question. pfft!

YouDontSay

WRONG TMZ...Translation.....MATERIAL THINGS MEAN NOTHING TO THEM AFTER THE DEATH OF THEIR CHILD AND HEARTACHE THEY HAVE GONE THROUGH. Good grief what has happened to your site!

Sin D

So yea...I'm down with y'all 99% 'ers...

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

I think you need a new translator, TMZ. These parents lost their child. I think they have some insight into what matters and what doesn't.

Brian

Man I sure wish John would do DWTS. Would that be an entertaining show or what?

Brian

I sure wish he would do DWTS. Would that be awesome or what?

Buddy The Elf

Largest. HEAD. Ever.

Johnny Carcinoma

Not that rare of a car. Nice, yes, rare, not so much.

Johnny Carcinoma

Zenu took your hair, John.

Plus, Battlefield Earth: Worst movie ever made.

DeeWA2010

Dang, he has lost weight!

John

How about asking John T more interesting/hard-hitting questions such as:

1) Are you wearing a toupet under that cap?

2) What do you think of people who wear a toupet?

Come on TMZ, I thought you were a breaking news mechanism, but I guess not.

John

How about asking some more interesting/hard-hitting questions such as:

1) Are you wearing a toupet under that cap?

2) What do you think of people who wear toupets?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments