Joe Eszterhas

Mel Said John Lennon

Deserved To Be Shot

4/12/2012 6:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0411_mel_gibson_3

Mel Gibson celebrates John Lennon's death, claiming he deserved to die ... this according to the screenwriter of the failed "Maccabee" project, Joe Eszterhas.

In a scathing 9-page letter, obtained by The Wrap, Eszterhas claims Mel once ranted about the departed Beatle, "I'm glad he's dead. He deserved to be shot. He was f**king messianic. Listen to his songs! Imagine. I hate that f**king song. I'm glad he's dead."

According to Eszterhas, Mel saved his true fury for Oksana Grigorieva, saying, "I want to f**k her in the ass and stab her while I'm doing it."

And on the business side, Eszterhas claims Mel said this of Ari Emanuel, the head of the William Morris Endeavor Agency: "He's a c*nt Jewboy."

Mel has fired back at Joe, claiming the letter is a pack of lies.

0412_remembering_john_lennon_footer

Shivam

!!! John Lennon was one of the most powerful person on earth. He wrote Imagine, which is considered as an International anthem...he was one of the most beautiful soul in our history>>>who is Mel? Could he made the whole world listen to him? does he have any power to influence people? The Beatles is the most influntial musical act ever! which was started by Music God JOHN LENNON!
This article sucks and the guy who wrote thi about Lennon is a **** SUCKING VAMPIRE who cannot spread Happiness anywhere, not even in his own house>>>

R.I.P John Lennon
We Love You!

Bloomcounty.USA

This is the link to the letter on The Wrap's website ... I'm wondering why TMZ didn't link to it, are they too afraid of being sued by Mr Gibson? At any rate, linking to Mel's response without linking to what he's responding too seems inappropriate so I'm linking to it:

Sonja

Yeah it doesn't sound like many actually went and read the letter. He does name names, others, often several people, where witness to what this guy says Mel did. TMZ makes it sound like it's all about Mel hating Jews but the letter itself sounds more like Mel flying off the handle in rage filled outbursts about many different things. I wonder if his son really did record some of the last blow out on his Ipod... the fact that it is mentioned makes me wonder. Yeah Mel was a great actor, loved his movies... but this isn't the first we've heard about him going totally ballistic.

Elliot Rodger

I highly doubt he said that, but thats what Tmz wants you to think.

Sonja

Christ, would you people go and at least read the letter before posting?

Here it is www.thewrap.com/movies/article/joe-eszterhas-letter-mel-gibson-36949

It is not simply about what Mel said but a series of very bizarre, very volatile, very inappropriate behavior. Stop blindly defending Mel just because you happened to dig The Road Warrior.

brandon

I don't believe all that! all hear say.

Amazed

I have to take everything that Joe says with a grain of sand. He has serious anger issues, himself, and I think there's some jealousy issues going on here. Mel's projects always do extremely well vs. Joe's, that usually end receiving Golden Raspberry awards.

King Ghidora

Is there any actual proof of any of this or is it some bozo looking for attention? Mad Max has certainly had his share of bull crap statements but that's what makes him an easy target for some lying bozo.

BTW Lennon did more damage to this world than anyone in our generation. The thing is he realized it before he was killed and renounced it all to his friends. All he cared about was his family after he got it in his head what's good and right in the world. He certainly didn't deserve to be shot but lots of people really dislike him with his counter culture politics and philosophy. The next crack head you see think of Lennon because he did a lot to create that crack head.

Tracy

YOUVE REALY PISSED ME OFF BAD THIS TIME MEL GIBSON,,,I USED TO THINK YOU WERE A GOOD MAN,, A GOOD HUSBAND AND FATHER, AND A GREAT ACTOR....YOU ARE NONE OF THESE NOW, YOUR A NASTY, OLD ,ALCOHOLIC,RACIST ,HATING, BASTARD,I CANT STAND YOUR FILTHY HATING MOUTH,,,AND YOU BETTER SHUT THE HELL UP YOU DAMN MORON,,,AND IM A WHITE GIRL..SO DONT EVEN THINK THIS IS A COMMENT FROM A PISSED OFF BLACK PERSON,,,YOU MAKE ME SICK,,,AND GOD WILL TAKE CARE OF NASTY OLD F....ERS LIKE YOU,,,OH AND BY THE WAY,,,,GO TO HELL MEL.,,,,HAHAHAHA....I LOVE YOU JOHN LENNON,,,AND ALWAYS WILL...RIP LOVE.

Karen

Mel Gibson is a perfect example of how stupid people really are. He's a complete nutcase, a hater, the worst form of mankind to man woman and beast, and yet we give him huge amounts of money and love anyways. Easy to see how Hitler came into power. People are sheeple.. thats just the way it is.

OBAMA CLAUS

In twenty years maybe less, no one will even remember the Beatles - their music will go the

way of the BIG BAND ERA-Ragtime-Doo whop-and all the rest .even Rap/Hip Hop will also

be forgotten ; as go the Beatles will go Justin Bieber.

ShrinkWrap

Just because someone wants to see actual proof of this exchange and hear from both sides, does not mean that they are fans of Mel Gibson. Personally, I think he sucks balls, but I need more proof before I cast judgment.

Stormy

John Lennon, at the time of his death was nothing but a out of touch street junkie with a bank account. Who gives a damn!!

victor whisky

TMZ propaganda!!

Tee

he's entitled to his opinion.