'Avengers' Star Chris Evans

I Wanna be the Next Bear Grylls

4/13/2012 3:24 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0413_chris_evans_bear_grylls_tmz
"Avengers"
-schmavengers ... Chris Evans says his real dream in life is much more primal -- revealing that he secretly longs to eat bark and live in the woods a la "Man vs. Wild."

The "Captain America" Star told Details magazine he dreamed about going all Thoreau back when he was a kid ... saying, "For a long time all I wanted for Christmas were books about outdoor survival. I was convinced that I was going to move to the woods."

But this wasn't just some pipe dream ... the movie star says he was completely committed to the idea and even practiced for the lifestyle -- explaining, "I swear to God, if you saw me when I am by myself in the woods, I'm a lunatic, I do crazy s**t."

"I camped a lot, I took classes" ... Evans said, adding, "At 18, I told myself if I don't live in the woods by the time I'm 25, I have failed."

He's 30 now ... an A-list movie star ... and probably lives in a mansion, or six.

Sounds like a real failure to us.

KnuckleDragger

Look, Grylls is an ex British commando, taught in survival...do you NOT see that? In order to BE a Bear Grylls...you have to first be BORN a Bear Grylls...then go through the training. Grylls is unique in what he does. I know this because when I did my service in the '60...s...I was with the 5th Special Forces in Vietnam for 2 tours. Men like Grylls are few and far between.

tgrfan42069

i need a shelter so ill drink my piss

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

Sounds like (sarcastic) failure to you, TMZ writer, because you're shallow.

becca

I don't do the woods but I would LOVE to do him!!!

Erock

I agree with KnuckleDragger, this kid thinks that because he took some class and did his homework he's the next Bear. Give me and the rest of the real people in this world a break. This guy would have to GPS his way out of a city park. Besides who isn't an A list actor now a days, that term is handed out like drugs in Hollywood.

oneenigma4u

So Chris Evans wants to be fake . He wants to be the next Bear Grylls
the survivor expert who survives with the safety crew right next to him. Yeah that's real surviving there Bear. But if you wanna see a real survivor watch survivor man he spends his time alone with his safety crew miles away. That takes guts.

Bridget

Sticking a tube up his booty is a dream of his...interesting. J/K I get the interest in survival stuff. See if your tuff enough and all that. I think a lot of people think they are tuff enough...but most of us would be crying like a baby after a day. Maybe when Bear gets a new show this dude can tag along. Bear took Jake Gyllenhall on one of his episods.

Slomoshun

Except..Bear Grylls is a phony. He's got like 10 people behind the camera including a survival expert and another ex-military guy. Also he stays in hotels after he's done shooting a scene in the woods at night.

Niki

I live in Alaska! Chris can come live with me <3

Mumra the Ever Living

They should just change the name to "Woman vs. Wild" and hire Kim Kardashian. After all, she's had years of practice drinking urine, and if an occasion ever comes up where she has to eat poop, I'm sure she'd be down for that too.

anon1

Evans didn't say he "wanted to be the next Bear Grylls", TMZ did. He talked about wanting to live in the woods and that he read about survival skills.
Reading comprehension people.

KurganVon

HOW TO BECOME BEAR GRYLLS IN TWO EASY STEPS

STEP 1: DRINK YOUR OWN PISS
STEP 2: DRINK YOUR OWN PISS

Tigers Wood

Bear Grylls says you can drink your own p1zz up to seven times before it becomes toxic when in survival mode. I hope Chris doesn't mind this.

Tesla_Consulting

Chris Evans has to play Colton Harris-Moore in his movie.

Stormy

@KnuckleDragger: Thank you for having the cojones to do what you did, and you service. @Scott...You just keep eating fast, food and playing video games....and doing what you are good at. The Military is for real men...not pathetic little ferry's like you!!!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments