75-Year-Old Famous Man

I'm a BEAST with a Yo-Yo

4/16/2012 11:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0416_smothers_video
0416_smothers_videoHere's a cool video of a 75-year-old man doing some pretty bad ass yo-yo tricks in L.A. this weekend.

The 75-year-old man happens to be famous.

His name is Tom Smothers.

If you don't remember who Tom Smothers is, ask your grandpa. If your grandpa isn't around, watch the clip from his and his bro's famous variety show back in 1969.

Truth

WOW, HE FITS RIGHT IN THAT AMERICA'S GOT TALENT GIG. #TRUTH!!

Santo

I thought that was Prince Von A-hole at first glance.

Eleandra

I'm sad that you have to tell your readers who Tommy Smothers is. Please look up his stuff. He used to have me laughing till I cried.

Betsy

The Smothers Brothers were awesome!! I was very very young when they were popular, but everybody should know who they are...if not, our parents aren't doing their jobs.

Cher

wtf..i loved the smothers brothers lol.. used to watch when i was a kid and im not that old am I ha ha 32

Genjerleigh

The Smothers Brothers are great!

Chrama

Maybe I am showing my age (in 30s, so not THAT old), but I have to google some of these other "new" celebrities. Tom Smothers needs no googling. Back when begin famous required a real talent (He is more than the Yo-Yo Man)

Observer999

Tom and **** Smothers have more singing, songwriting, comedy and - yes - yoyo talent in their little fingers than any 10 of TMZ's favourite pop tarts and pretty boys. They are legends, as entertainers and as activists. May they live to 100.

$$

Tom and **** smothers had THE BEST variety show on TV!!

Observer999

What a stupid website that blocks the short form of Richard. How moronic and simple do they think people who read TMZ are that a word like 'd***' will offend them?

(see previous comment with ****)

Renee

jesus dude, you hiring your staff straight out of high school now?

DJ

The Smothers Brothers were the shiz in their day. I remember watching them too. At 36 years of age I knew exactly who it was before looking at the story. I second what Charma stated, "Back when begin famous required a real talent", so well said and true.

$$

Smothers, ****
Smothers, ****
Smothers, ****...

LOL

Carl

Just imagine how bad things at TMZ will be when Harvey leaves one day and no one at the company will have heard of any celebrities prior to the 1980s.

tyler

He still has it! Tom taught me how to yo-yo when I was child back in the mid 80's. Him and his brother **** were doing a grand opening for Home Depot?(might have been Builders Emporium back then) and taught all us kids some tricks. I'm sure he's still the nice man he was back then.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments