Ryan Seacrest

May Not Host 'Idol' Tonight

4/25/2012 4:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0425_ryan_seacrest_nigel-lythgoe_tmz

update_bar
4:50 PM PDT --
Sources tell TMZ ... Ryan is going to go for it ... although they will have puke buckets on the stage ... just in case he loses it.

0314_divider_graphic
Ryan Seacrest
feels like crap ... so much so he missed the rehearsal for "American Idol" tonight, and sources connected with the production of the show tell TMZ ... Ryan may be MIA for the first time in the 11-season run of the show.

We're told Executive Producer Nigel Lythgoe stepped in for Ryan during the dress rehearsal this afternoon.

Sources say Ryan had an IV in his arm, and is fighting "a bad stomach bug." We're told he was throwing up all last night and today.

Ryan was not at the rehearsal and it's unclear if he'll do the show. If he doesn't, Nigel is ready to step in.

As for whether Ryan decides to take the stage ... let's just say one of the songs on  the show tonight is Queen's "The Show Must Go On."

Still, Nigel tells TMZ, "I'm sending my rehearsal tape to "X-Factor." I could be the next Steve Jones. Not as handsome but just as good. Literally!"

ExtraKetchup

It's always so quaint how you guys post these articles a half hour before the show airs. Coincidence? I think not.

Frrink

Bottle fever?

CLINT

Wah, Wah, Wah. Other than talking, what talent does Seacrest have? He makes horrible reality shows and hosts a singing competition. And being sick, he will still make more money than most of us will make in a lifetime. Get off of the crapper and get to work, ya bum.

tucker

Suck it up Ryan, you had all week to be sick. Time to step up - that's why they pay you the big bucks.

Tricia

that's what he gets for signing those kardashian famewhores to a 3 year, 40 million dollar deal. karma is a BITCH.

pk

Well I felt like crap when I heard we have three more years of the Kardashians. Thanks Ryan!

icantbelieveitsnotbutter

I can't believe that crappy azzz show has been on 11 seasons. Must be the same people watching that garbage that watch the Kardashians.

magmax

He has Kardashian poisoning. Karma.

Jim

Probably caught something from the KarTRA$Hians.

tgrfan42069

seems like every week "something" comes up to get ratings oh the irony

Bud

I guess suffers with what a lot of us do. We're sick of American Idol too!

rick

Stomach virus is no fun.I had that weeks ago and I was doubled over in pain and almost went to the hospital.It could be low white blood count too. If the man is sick for the first time,so be it.He is only human.

Annie

Great idea,Spicy Magazine.Just use a cardboard cut out."Flat Ryan" No one will notice.

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

What a freakin wuss. I was PTing in the Arizona desert with a 104 fever and you know what they gave me... water. Every hour on the hour.

Eric in L.A.

I heard he went to the hospital late last night to have 20 ounces of sperm pumped out of his stomach. Get well Ryan.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments