President Barack Obama

KILLS at the White House Correspondents' Dinner

4/29/2012 6:16 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0_1779cz2u_0_96o0ba5d
Sarah Palin, Mitt Romney and Hillary Clinton were all on the receiving end of shots from President Barack Obama at last night's White House Correspondents' Dinner.

Obama seemingly began the night on a serious note, touching on the one-year anniversary of the death of Osama bin Laden ... but then the video screen showed a picture of Donald Trump

Host Jimmy Kimmel's routine was a bit more polished -- poking fun at the Secret Service prostitution scandal, Obama's re-election bid and, of course, Kim Kardashian.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

you know it

ZZZzzzzz

JJ

HILARIOUS that people are on here bashing Obama when this dinner takes place every single year and the president always has some jokes written for him. Newsflash, this dinner is for the people that cover the white house and president, media outlets have tables and invite the Lohans and Kardashians of the world. Stop being so uptight. If he didn't go to it and laugh and joke you people would bash him. If he does and is funny and steps on some toes you bash him. What do you want... I mean besides the flip-flopping tax cutting, medicare and education assassin?

JJ

People reading this clearly are not very educated. The president did not sit up and write these things, they are written for him. This is supposed to be a fun and funny night, no matter political affiliation. Lohan and Kardashian were not invited by the white house, rather media outlets that have tables at the event (both were invited by fox news).
I think that the president was funny, I think that he is a true 21st century man with an incredible demeanor and attitude that everyone should appreciate and enjoy. The people who dislike the president are living in the past and discriminating against homosexuals and women, they are people who think it is okay to take away food stamps and medicare as long as they get a tax cut. Kimmel bashed everyone at some point which was refreshing. I didn't think anyone KILLED it as TMZ states, but it doesn't matter, people will clearly hate one way or the other...

freaksloan

How hard is for him to kill in a room filled with people who get a tingle running up their leg, just thinking about the man.

StingrayCDR

Normally presidents are more self-deprecating at these events. To mock citizens who vehemently oppose your policies is not in good taste, but it is a typical Socialist/Communist strategy to mock your opposition so it is not surprising that Obama would engage in such disgraceful behavior, it has become one of his staples. In this latest instance there is not even a remote connection between Osama and Trump, and therefore no reason to compare him to Osama. Comedy must contain some element of truth and that is why this attempt at a joke by our soon to be "lame duck"" president was so ill received and...so lame.

jane

what happened to the herb comments...pot smokers vote too...I saw them on here on saturday and then nothing today...TMZ...com on!! I need the clips for my morning radio show!!!...teehee

Dr Hardwicke

Did I read somewhere that he had said
I know I made a mistake inviting Holly Madison but I thought her actual name was Collie Madison?

Dr Hardwicke

Did he really say " I want to be nice BUT this is a dog eat dog situation" ?

I think he is barking up the wrong tree here?

Dr Hardwicke

Did he really say " I wanted to have a little bit of class here tonight so me and the Mrs decided KIM KARTRASHIAN would be the perfect guest and role model for todays youn women " " Hey when is your new movie coming out Kim" ?

lanam

obama poking fun at someone who is in his administration (Hillary Clinton)? This woman has more brains than he does and should've won. Also, i wonder if "dog" was on the menu for the WH -- OR is that something ONLY for the First Lady and himself? Someone needs to make fun of his DUMBO ears.. sorry he's the prez - and i will try and respect that (like so many did for ex-pres George Bush --hahaha right, respect was never in the vocabulary for those ppl)...i'm not gonna kiss his ass like so many Hollyweirdo's do - and I'm an Independent voter - so don't start w/me being a disgruntled repub. - i vote for the person's views, issues - like Ron Paul, but it will prob be Mitt Romney - who i will also support -- anybody but Obama..but i'm sure he's a shoe in for winning already, he's so arrogant and sure of himself bc he knows he will win.

Verna

Doesn't Obama have anything better to do, like say run the country, than making stupid jokes. Come on people - we're suffering and he's out there joking around. What is wrong with this picture?????

beedit

The President was much funnier than Kimmel. Jimmy is funny, but 5 minutes in he was just rattling not-very-funny jokes off like a machine gun. Very rote performance. You have to admire him anyway, but I did not think he was more polished than the Prez.

Matt

That is truly shocking, or isn't it? headhunter

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5