'Shark Tank' Star

Oops, I WRECKED My Ferrari

... at 130 MPH

5/2/2012 7:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0502_ferrari_crash
Robert Herjavec -- one of the deep-pocketed investors on "Shark Tank" -- slammed his ultra-fast $350K Ferrari into a wall at 130 MPH ... and TMZ has the glass-shattering dash cam footage.

It all went down this weekend during the Ferrari Challenge at the Infineon Raceway in Sonoma, CA ... where Robert was racing his 2011 Ferrari 458 against other rich guys in really expensive cars.

Herjavec tells TMZ,  "I crashed in qualifying -- bad and hard hit."

"I was having an amazing lap very fast, just off the course record, and then just thought I could go a little faster (what race car driver doesn’t?)."

Herjavec -- who's reportedly worth more than $100 MILLION -- lost control and crashed into a wall ... crushing the front of his car like a soda can.

But Herjavec -- who miraculously didn't suffer any serious injuries -- didn't pull out of the race. Instead, he got ANOTHER Ferrari and pressed on.

"After the crash I went out and borrowed a friend’s car (good to have friends that lend you a $ 350K car) and 2 hours later I started in 29th and finished 5th. The next day, in the borrowed car, I got on the podium and finished 3rd ! Still leading in the points for the season."

Mark

Not exactly 130, more like 50 mph.

*78

$350,000 is 0.0035% of his worth. To somebody with a net value of $250,000, that is like crashing a car worth less than $900. So obviously he doesn't care. At least he is supporting the Italian craftsmen who build those beautiful cars.

JD

This is news? Shouldn't every single Nascar, F1, IRL, etc. wreck be posted then?

TDC

If you race much you listen for things, it sounds like something broke in the rear end of the car upon entering the corner right before he started skidding. You can hear two or three pops, then maybe one or both of the rear tires lock up, and then he hits the brakes.

campy

Good! That as*hole really bugs the hell out of me. I hope his insurance SKY ROCKETS!!!

Simone

Once again TMZ shows its stupidity as just by looking at the pic you can easily tell that is not 130mph damage.

There would be no front end left if that car had crashed at 130mph.

starcravingmad

"I WRECKED My Ferrari ... at 130 MPH" makes a better headline than "I WRECKED My Ferrari ... at 30 - 50 MPH"!!

Ann

diagnosis - small penisitis

KW

Umm....am I missing something? When he hit the wall he was doing 30 MPH.

F1Fan

You say 130 MPH ... How about 30 MPH.
You say he's worth 100 million ...He sold his company for about 40 million
Obviously he sent you the tape, and the story, to be on the show, as it is the in car video ! Was there any reporting ? Are his 15 minutes up yet ?

Jim Bean

And I thought he didn't drink! *LMAO* He be so drunk he can't see!

Alvin Law

That was fun!

VOUDOU

Totally repairable you can see the car is still straight framed. You can hear something break before he loses control. Good for him making millions and enjoying it instead of playing it safe and having a heart attack with a unused bank account.

AARON

If he was going 130, he'd more than likely be in the hospital.

Kitty

Watch the video its 50MPH whgen he hits not even close to 130MPH!!!!!!!!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments