« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Junior Seau

The Frantic 911 Call

'My BF Just Shot Himself'

5/4/2012 1:13 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0502_seau_audio_launch
TMZ has obtained the horrific 911 call placed by Junior Seau's girlfriend moments after the NFL legend shot himself in the chest Wednesday morning at his Oceanside, CA home.

Junior's GF Megan Noderer (below) is so hysterical during the call she can hardly speak -- claiming she had just returned from the gym (around 10AM) when she discovered Junior's bloody body.

Megan Noderer, former girlfriend of Junior Seau
Megan tells the dispatcher, Junior wasn't breathing when she arrived and had appeared to have shot himself "in the heart."

Authorities responded and attempted to revive Seau, but life-saving efforts were unsuccessful. Seau was pronounced dead on the scene soon after. He was 43.

Seau's family claims he exhibited no signs of depression before his death -- but has since donated his brain to be studied for concussion research.

As we previously reported, the manner in which Seau killed himself -- gunshot to the chest -- is leading many to believe he wanted to leave his brain intact so researchers could study the long-term effects of concussions sustained in the NFL.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Areader

I don't bother to listen these 911 calls that TMZ posts. Posting these is completely disgraceful, it just goes to show how truly classless Harvey and his band of idiots can be at times!

gazoo

This may be an unpopular view, but I think sometimes calls like this are important to hear. While I am saddened that Mr. Seau felt this was the only way, I'm more disturbed that he didnt think about the fact that the chances were pretty good his girlfriend would find him. I think this tape really hits home for potential suicidal people about the anguish they put on those they love, and even more so, if one they love finds them. Perhaps it will make them think twice about what they want to do, or even if they're hellbent on killing themselves, perhaps to do it in a way that spares their loved ones the lifelong grief of the anguish this young woman so obviously suffers after finding someone she loved so much.

madabs

How can they say he wasn't depressed, he tried to kill himself almost two years ago by driving his truck off a cliff. Its a tragedy that someone didn't try to help him and if they did, its a bigger tragedy that they weren't able to prevent this, so sad. RIP #55, rest easy.

Ann

heartbreaking

upyours

this is a lesson to all minorities - DON't have WHITE girlfriends! They can kill u if they want and make it look like a suicide, & get away with murder cuz racist white cops will believe her story. It's dangerous being with white girl!

Zephyr, Enemy of #LittleWhores

This audio is certainly heartbreaking. And there are strong arguments against having it made publicly available for listening. However, perhaps it may cause a person contemplating suicide to reassess his/her decision to take their own life. It's probably reassuring to think that once you're gone, you have no more worries. Actually hearing how much grief it causes loved ones you leave behind may actually be a positive thing, and may prevent someone from carrying out suicidal thoughts.

No comment

911 tapes are public record. People often demand they be released to so they can hear with their own ears the accounts of the police.

911 tapes are free as public record, but Harvey is making money off this tape by posting it and for every hit the tape gets as well as every story & post about. Junior. I sususpect he may not post if the person were Jewish or Gay though, because he respects those minority groups.

I feel so sorry for this woman having to live with this for the rest of her life. I believe suicide is a form of mental illness. For those who consider suicide do it at the coroner's office parking lot where you family or friends are not the ones to find you. The staff at the coroner's office deal with death every day.

tony

take this sick crap down!!!!!!!! this is wrong! maybe this whats wrong in the world today! no compassion!

EBG

9-1-1 calls are public record. Television stations and other media outlets play they all the time. It saddens me to hear them. I pray for the victims, the callers and those who love them whenever I hear such calls. Rest in peace, Junior.

Aloha Jim!

TMZ! You have set a new low for National Media! You and Your Families should be ashamed of yourselves. You have absolutely NO morales and are the absolute s*** of the earth. I refuse to listen to this. I hope I never encounter any of your staff locally. Please do the right thing and remove this tape NOW. DO IT NOW!
REMOVE THE TAPE!

Aloha Jim

TMZ! You have set a new LOW for the National Media. You and the families that raised you should be ashamed of yourselves! I refuse to listen to it. TAKE IT DOWN NOW! Do the right thing! Please!

Thinking

Seau for the most part had a clean history up to the point when he began dating her. Something sounds fishy... I live in SD and from what I've heard, shes nowhere to be found... No one from Seau's family has heard a peep from her whatsoever... Whats also odd is the fact that OPD disclosed the investigation immediately as a suicide; when it's customary to respond with a "no-comment" pending further investigation... I think killed him... Is she collecting life insurance is my question!

Lady H

Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem..in most cases. Also a word to these "men of color" a white woman is not the solution to your problems. I guess his white woman could'nt take his pain away.

CHUCKJ

I remember being told by a cop that women will typically shoot themselves in the chest when committing suicide and guys in the head. I also wonder, for this reason, if she is being looked at as a suspect.

steph

PLEASE take this off your site. Too sad